Chapter 24: Weakling

"Davina!" Scarlett rushed into the room to see an unconscious Davina on the ground

"Davina!" Scarlett rushed into the room to see an unconscious Davina on the ground. "What happened?"

"She hit her head." Kol answered.

Klaus watched the trio from the doorway with the white oak stake in his hand. Kol looked away from Davina and noticed Klaus standing in the doorway. "Oh. Hello, darling. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

"You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat." Klaus threatened the boy.

"Klaus, give him a break." Scarlett stopped their bickering. "He saved me from your crazy mother, cut him some slack."

"Yeah, she's right." Kol spoke up, grateful at Scarlett's words. "You know, you may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues."

"Hey!" Scarlett exclaimed, looking to Kol.

Kol rolled his eyes before looking back to Klaus. "I promised not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod."

Kol smirked at his words. Scarlett got up from her kneeling position, leading Klaus out of the cabin. "Klaus, come on." Klaus continued to stare at Kol suspiciously as the hybrid pulled him onto the porch. "A minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with this thing, and you didn't. You're not going to kill him with it, either!"

Klaus looked into the cabin, where Kol was still tending to Davina. Klaus saw the scene and heaved a sigh at the sight. "Fine."

Scarlett sighed in relief before looking to Klaus with a grateful smile. Klaus reluctantly handed her the white oak stake in his hand along with the keys to the SUV. "Go get the car. Let's take her to hospital."

Scarlett nodded quickly before she walked away from him. Klaus walked back into the cabin, looking as though he has came to a sudden realization.

"You've got a way with words." Klaus addressed to Kol.

"Well, I've traveled."

Kol got up from the ground and slowly approached Klaus. The hybrid stood in the doorway with his hands gripping at the sides of the door. "You seem to have crossed continents to order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business." Klaus began, ending with a smile. "Strange, isn't it?"

Kol smirked at his brother which seemed to confirm Klaus' slight suspicions. "Unless it's your family business. You know, ever since my mother and Finn, I was wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol."

Kol, amused by this exchange, laughed as he bowed dramatically to Klaus. "Then the jig is up! Hello, brother!"

Klaus smiled like he was genuinely pleased to see his brother. "It's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living. It's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother. And, I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are."