Chapter 2: Not The Only Devil

Scarlett's dress is above the gif!

Scarlett sat on her bed, reading a book when she heard a knock on her bedroom door. "Come in!"

She lifted her head to see one of Marcel's vampire minions, holding a box in his hand. Scarlett was curious as to what was in the box. "You have a delivery from someone with the initials..." He lifted up the note where the initials were written down and read them off. "N.M."

Scarlett dropped her book into the bed and ran over to the vampire with her vampire-speed. He jumped slightly before he slowly offered the box to the woman.

"Thank you." Scarlett said softly, allowing the man to leave.

The man stepped out of the doorway, letting her shut the door behind him. She locked the door, not wanting anyone to get in, just incase. She placed the box down on her bed and tore the cover off. She opened the box to see a strapless black dress with a slit down the leg. She slowly took the dress out of the box, admiring it.

She scoffed at the gift, not believing that someone gave it to her. She placed the dress down on the bed, laying it out before she picked up the note on the cover of the box. She opened up the note more before she read it in her head.

"Thank you for keeping my secret. I hope to see you at the ball tonight."

- N.M

She didn't know what the initials stood for but the secret part stood out so she knew who it was. She rolled her eyes and sighed, wondering about what was about to happen that night.

...

Rebekah and Klaus entered the party, arm in arm, taking in the dark, wild atmosphere. Klaus was wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt and tie and Rebekah dressed in a matching black peplum cocktail dress and a hairpiece with black feathers and beads. Acrobats performed over the party, dancers handled exotic animals, and confetti fell, glittering upon the party guests.

"Well, this certainly is a fitting backdrop for tonight's events, I must say."

After Rebekah and Klaus entered the party, their eyes wandered away from them and to the staircase. Walking down the staircase was Scarlett who was wearing the dress Klaus gifted to her with a set of matching black angel wings. Her heels clicked against the stone stairs as she made her way down.

Klaus tried to contain the smirk that was appearing on his face but it was too late. Rebekah noticed her brother's expression and smiled. "That's the girl, isn't it?"

"Indeed." Klaus agreed, slipping his arm out of Rebekah's. "I'll be right back."

Klaus walked over to Scarlett who finished walking down the stairs, holding a devilish smirk on his face. Scarlett was skeptical of his intentions so she held a blank expression. "What does the N stand for?"

Klaus wondered why that was her first question but answered anyways. "It's my name. Niklaus."

"Ah." Scarlett nodded her head.

Klaus offered his hand to the girl confidently. "May I have this dance?"

"I guess." She responded, placing her hand in his.

He led her to the middle of the floor before he snaked his arm around her waist. He lifted up both of their cupped hands and they both slowly intertwined their fingers with one another. Scarlett placed her arm at the back of his neck before they both started swaying.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?" He complimented her.

"You don't look too bad yourself." She returned, not wanting to give into his flirtatious behavior. "Why'd you get me this dress?"

"A woman like you deserves to be treated like a queen." He replied in a soft tone. Scarlett huffed out a laugh, not believing a word he said. "I'm serious. I've never met anyone like you, Scarlett."

"You're a thousand years old, you've probably used that pickup line on a bunch of girls." She pointed out.

"I swear I haven't." He said with an embarrassed smile, wanting her to believe him. "Why do you doubt that someone might fancy you?"

"You fancy me?" She doubted his words. "You're Klaus Mikaelson. You could have any woman you want, why would you want me?"

"As I've said, I've never met anyone like you." He repeated his words from before. "Do I really have to prove it?"

"Maybe." She replied with a smug look on her face, wanting to hear what he had to say.

"Okay." He began. "Your name is Scarlett Madden, you're 19 years old, you're a vampire-witch hybrid, your favorite place is Italy, your favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn, favorite movie is Heathers and your favorite flowers are red roses. Does that sound correct?"

"How'd you-"

"Marcel." Klaus answered, knowing what her question was. "I fancy you that much that I asked Marcel."

Diego, one of Marcel's minions entered the courtyard and saw Scarlett dancing with Klaus. Diego looked anxious, not wanting to interrupt before he approached them both. Scarlett looked away from Klaus once she noticed Diego from the corner of her eye. "Diego. What is it?"

He leaned close to Scarlett and whispered in her ear. Once he finished, Scarlett's calm expression quickly changed. "What?!"

Diego nodded, confirming his words. Scarlett turned away from Diego, knowing it wasn't a joke and looked to Klaus sadly. "I'm sorry. I have to go."

Before Klaus could stop her, her and Diego rushed out of the courtyard, attending to their business. Klaus knew what it was because he was eavesdropping. In that moment, he had a slight feeling of regret.

Diego and Scarlett looked around the compound for Marcel or Thierry, worried for what was about to happen next. They kept looking until they noticed Marcel with his hand gripped around Thierry's throat as he pinned him against the wall. "What the hell did you do?"

"Hey." Scarlett rushed over to Marcel. She placed her hand on Marcel's chest and used her vampire strength to push him off of the other vampire. "Not here."