Chapter 34: The Scarlet Witch

Scarlett pulled herself off of the ground, cracking her neck from the pain she felt in that area

Scarlett pulled herself off of the ground, cracking her neck from the pain she felt in that area. She looked around the room, trying to look for someone when she found Elijah resting on the ground with Papa Tunde's blade stabbed into his chest.

Scarlett crawled over to Elijah, still feeling slightly weak when she finally reached him, resting on her knees. She hesitantly placed her hands onto the handle of the weapon before ripping it out of the Original. Elijah awoke from his tortured slumber with a gasp, relieved that the pain was over.

"Elijah?" She called to him, trying to calm him down somewhat. "Elijah, you have to listen to me. This, all of this, it's a trick!"

Elijah panted frantically, recovering from his pain when he stared at her like she was a mad woman. "You've lost your mind. He's lost his mind."

"He needs her to trust him, so he can do what he needs to do!" She tried to explain to him. "He had to make it look convincing. I know how we can kill Dahlia."

...

At the Mikaelson Compound, Gia's charred corpse laid on the floor of the courtyard where she died. Elijah stared down at the corpse devastated as he covered her body with a blank sheet. After he had momentarily mourned his love, he looked over to Scarlett, seeing her standing behind him as she watched the tragic scene. "What do you mean, Niklaus had a plan?! We had a plan! A plan he has mercilessly destroyed-"

"Shut up and listen to me!" Scarlett interrupted him, imitating his loud shout. "Your plan wouldn't have worked. He told me how we can kill Dahlia, he's just gotta temporarily disarm her first so we have time."

Elijah glared at her, frustrated by this revelation. "And what might that be?"

Scarlett stared at Elijah, knowing she would have to reveal it soon enough and turn into their personal weapon to destroy the witch. She was scared to have it rely all on her. "I have to kill her."

"How can you do that?" Elijah questioned Scarlett's power. "You may have power but, is it enough to kill Dahlia?"

"You undermine my power." Scarlett said in a low tone, feeling a tad different from the person she used to be. "I can control it now."

"And what has changed?"

Scarlett bit the inside of both her cheeks, staring at Elijah with a newfound darkness in her eyes. "I'm hellbent on killing this bitch."

Scarlett heard sets of footsteps entering their part of the compound to see Rebekah, in her original body, and Marcel walk in. The both of them were shocked to see Rebekah back in her own body. "Rebekah?"

"Looks like Niklaus had a lot on his to-do list last night." Rebekah pointed out her appearance before her facial expression saddened. "And, as for Hayley..."

"What is it?"

"When Klaus attacked me, he stole the spell that I used on the Crescent wolves..." Marcel trailed off, implying what Klaus had done.

"So he would condemn her to the body of a beast?" Elijah questioned angrily.

Rebekah, who looked overwhelmed and worried, rushed over to Elijah before grasping him by his shoulders. She forced him to look her in the eyes to calm him down. "Elijah. Hayley will be human once a month. We will find her and we will help her."

Elijah shook his head, trying to push Rebekah away. "No-"

Rebekah gripped onto her brother tighter, keeping him from moving away from her. "We need to focus on who needs saving today." Elijah's breath started to quicken as he went into a light panic. "Freya called. Dahlia is... incapacitated. They are two hours north at an orchard near Pale River. She has Hope."

...

When the group had awakened Klaus, they had woken up Dahlia as well. The witch proceeded to kidnap Freya so the young witch could be her power source to kill the rest of the Mikaelson family once and for all. She was leverage but also a trap. A trap that the group would not fall for.

Scarlett had arrived to the abandoned building only to be heard by Dahlia herself. "I wonder when you'd arrive."

The witch turned towards the noise of footsteps to see the hybrid herself. She was confused at the sight, expecting it to be the group of siblings. "Sorry, I'm not them."

"Oh, so, they sent their pet?" Dahlia questioned in a snarky manner.

"You got a mouth for a decaying corpse." Scarlett retorted, referring to how old Dahlia was. "Why cast a difficult spell to stay alive for a thousand years, only being able to wake up every hundred? Why not die and take a vacation? Seems like you need one."

"Why do you do this for them?" The older witch asked the girl genuinely. "They're monsters, you're going to mean nothing to them in a decade, tops."

"I don't like witches." Scarlett answered, not thinking about her comment. "Witches that steal or hurt children for power."

"So, you're doing this for Hope?"

"I'd do anything for that little girl." Scarlett admitted, showing her love for the young child. "She hasn't had an encounter with darkness and I'd like to keep it that way."

"Well, good luck." Dahlia responded harshly, brushing off her coat sleeves. "You truly think you can defeat me?"

"I know I can." Scarlett assured her, making Dahlia tense at her confidence, actually finding it somewhat threatening. "Goodbye, Dahlia."

Scarlett extended both of her hands, letting red energy erupt from the palms of her hands. Dahlia was struck with the energy directly in the chest, making her gasp loudly. She felt a sharp pain in her chest from the magic. She felt as if the power in her was being extracted from her.

Feeling Dahlia's power coursing through her veins, Scarlett started to float above ground involuntarily. She felt like she just drank a whole coffee that had given her energy back then when she was still a witch. She was rejuvenated. She hadn't felt this way ever, but it was addicting.

That addicting feeling she felt had been boosted when Dahlia's body had been drained of all of its power. The woman had collapsed onto the ground from being weakened, becoming nothing but ash.

The skies around Scarlett had turned a familiar shade of red that was the color of her magic. Freya watched the scene with horror, finally realizing the power that Scarlett held. Scarlett stared down at Dahlia's body with her eyes glowing red. She slowly started to fall from her spot in the air, landing her feet onto the ground perfectly.

Her eyes had finally went back to their normal color before she looked over to Freya rising from the ground. "Are you okay?"

Freya nodded her head quickly before both her and Scarlett left the property, content that the beast that had to concur was gone.

Author's Note: In this episode, they bring Esther back to use her blood to kill Dahlia. They use Davina's power as coven leader to bring her back instead of Davina bringing back Kol but I didn't make that happen. I wanted this chapter to show Scarlett's power. Basically, Kol isn't coming back just yet. Davina waits to bring him back until she settles in as coven leader.