Chapter 21: Mother Dearest

Scarlett was shopping in one of the new stores around New Orleans when she had gotten a message from Klaus

Scarlett was shopping in one of the new stores around New Orleans when she had gotten a message from Klaus. "Come to the compound by 8, wear something nice."

Scarlett was confused and tried asking why but he didn't answer by 7 so she got ready. She put on a long red dress that had a slit up the leg, not showing too much of course.

She arrived at the compound, thinking she would see Klaus but she didn't. She thought he was taking her out for a date but she was dearly mistaken.

She walked up the stairs of the compound and made her way to the room where she heard commotion. She entered the room to see Klaus and Elijah both wearing suits as they prepared the dinner. "Okay, what the hell is going on?"

They both looked to her, Elijah in confusion and Klaus was amused by her presence. Klaus admired her from head to toe before realizing he was looking too long. "You look lovely."

"Why is she here?" Elijah asked Klaus, trying not to come off as rude.

"Thought it'd be nice to rub it in mother's face that I know a being more powerful than her." Klaus admitted with a smirk.

"So, I'm just a trophy to you?" Scarlett scoffed. "I'm out of here."

Right as she moved to walk away, she was stopped by a man in her way. "Oh no, don't leave, the show hasn't begun yet." The man wore a suit that looked almost identical to the brothers except the tie was different. Scarlett took a step back, letting the man walk over to Klaus and Elijah. "You two haven't changed a bit! Linens and silk to disguise your pathetic self-loathing. And you, despite the arrogant façade, you're still the same paranoid little boy, full of hate and fear."

Klaus' face turned from amused to offended at the man's words. Elijah looked at him in confusion before walking toward him. "Forgive me, I don't believe I've had the pleasure."

The man placed a hand on his hand, feigning offense. "Oh, you mean you don't recognize me? So much for the unbreakable bonds of family, huh? Always and forever indeed."

Klaus scowled once he realized what was going on while Elijah remained confused and on edge. "It's been a long time, Finn."

Finn smirked and spread his arms out wide. "Now that the introductions are out of the way, let's eat!"

Scarlett stepped out of the corner of the room, brushing past Klaus. She leaned close to him, peering over his shoulder while she whispered to him. "I thought you were taking me out on a date but you ambush me into a dinner with mommy dearest and whoever this guy is? That was unpredictable."

"I am unpredictable, love." He retorted, earning an eye roll from Scarlett.

Klaus pulled out a chair for her at the dining table which she sat in. Klaus sat down in the chair beside her that was at the end of the table. A part deep inside of him wanted her to keep her distance from Finn.