Chapter 27: The Original Babysitter

Inside of the house, the group of supernatural beings brainstormed ideas for their next move

Inside of the house, the group of supernatural beings brainstormed ideas for their next move. "Now that we've entombed our mother, I intend to finish making the city safe for Hope. Which, to start, means dealing with the lingering problem of Finn."

Scarlett leaned back in her chair, removing her hand away from her mouth. "Once he figures out what you've done to your mother, momma's boy is not going to be very happy with you."

"That's exactly why we need to keep you out of harm's way." Klaus strictly pointed to her.

"What? No!" Scarlett exclaimed. "I'm going with you."

"You are not." Klaus said sternly, getting his words through to her. "My mother is a powerful witch and has probably found out a way to harm you and if Finn finds out what your weakness is, you're doomed."

Scarlett sighed heavily, giving Klaus a slight death stare. "Fine. Just don't do anything stupid."

"Hayley and I will return home and take care of my wayward brother. Elijah will remain here with you." Klaus planned out. He looked over to Elijah who was peering out of the window ominously. "He's been experiencing some side effects since his ordeal as our mother's captive. Best he stay here and convalesce."

Elijah gave Klaus an offended look, feeling patronized by his younger brother. "A single violent outburst at a filthy road-side café and one never hears the end of it."

Klaus laughed at his brother's remark. "Oh, Scarlett has a way with minds plagued by demons, brother. You two can bond." Scarlett looked to Klaus for an answer but he simply brushed her off. "Well, if you excuse me, I best be on my way! Rebekah should have already woken up in the body of Angelica Barker. Once she has cut the ties of Miss Barker's former life, she'll make her way directly here. You should expect her shortly."

...

Scarlett sat in the room alone while Elijah tried calling Rebekah. She realized she was thirsty and rushed into the kitchen where Elijah stood. She opened one of the cabinet doors when she grinned happily. "Yes!" She noticed a bottle of champagne that looked fancy to her. She shut the cabinet door before looking in another cabinet for a glass. "You want one?"

"Sounds delightful." Elijah smiled at the girl condescendingly. "And after that, Scarlett, then what? We have another, and another, perhaps another after that, another after that... Before long, I find myself opening up to you, or baring my damaged soul, as it were."

"Oh stop being dramatic. I was just offering." Scarlett scoffed at the man's words. She rushed over to a chair in the living room with her vampire speed. She sat down on the chair as she popped open the bottle of champagne. "Your crazy mother really did a number on you boys, didn't she? Has it ever occurred to you that I'm less interested in fixing your problems and more interested in forgetting my own?"

Elijah sat down across from her in another chair and watched as she pulled out the game Trivial Pursuit.

Scarlett placed the game down on the coffee table, setting it up neatly. "Drinking and board games sounds like a win for once." Elijah rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed as Scarlett pulled out one of the game cards and read it aloud. "Here's a question- What was the name of Don Quixote's horse?"