Chapter 22: The Untold Beginning

Scarlett's eyes fluttered open slowly as she woke up from the sound of noise

Scarlett's eyes fluttered open slowly as she woke up from the sound of noise. She looked at her surroundings, seeing she was inside one of the tombs at the Lafayette Cemetery with Esther. She tried moving when she felt restraints on both her arms and legs. Her hands were taped up so she wouldn't use her magic. "Fuck."

She tried breaking out of her restraints but she felt a familiar burn. Vervain.

"You know, if you wanted to talk, we could've gotten coffee instead of kidnapping me." Scarlett remarked to the woman, unhappy about her situation.

"After last night, I don't think that you'd want to."

"Maybe, maybe not." Scarlett shrugged slightly. "Why am I here?"

"I want to learn about you more." She responded, pouring a cup of tea for herself. "Seeing you're close with my children, I need to learn more about you. They're my enemies, so that makes you my enemy."

"I'm my own person. I'm not your enemy unless you do something to me." Scarlett assured her. "For example, kidnapping me!"

"It was for your own good, dear." Esther spoke softly. "I didn't want your mind to be clouded by my children. Thought this could make your clean slate."

"Clean slate?" Scarlett repeated her words in question. "It's gonna take a lot more than a quick talk to give me a clean slate."

"You know about the horrific things Niklaus has done?" The woman wondered.

"Yeah."

"Why are you still siding with him then?" She interrogated.

Scarlett thought for a moment, trying to give a good answer. "I've also done horrific things. Your son accepts me for who I am. It's not like you witches accepted me."

"You're not supposed to exist!" Esther shouted, rising from her seat. "You were supposed to be a myth that parents told so their children wouldn't steal things! You were the myth that people hoped wouldn't come true! You are a chaos witch. You could cause the end of life as we know it."

"If I'm not supposed to exist, how the hell do I exist then?" Scarlett asked, feeling rage flood through her body.

"A group of witches created a stone, a stone that would give them great power." Esther began telling the story, making Scarlett intrigued. "They wanted the power to take over the witching community for themselves. One of your ancestors didn't want that happening so she stole it. She kept it for herself, making sure it didn't get in the wrong hands."

As Esther continued to tell the story, she walked around the tomb, pacing around. "One day, she found out she was pregnant. A witch did a reading on the baby and died a few days later. As said in one of her journals, the child would be the end of humanity. The woman gave birth to the child before dying giving birth. The child was left an orphan. The child soon turned into a young adult and caused trouble around the village, killing a large amount of people in a fire."

"Soon after, they were hung. Before their death, they claimed that they would come back one day. And so... they did. You are the reincarnation of the original Scarlett Witch from 10,000 years ago."

The story rocked Scarlett to her core. She didn't know how to take it. She knew it was stupid to believe the story from a woman who tried killing her children but she believed it.

"Now that you know, I hope you understand." Esther nodded her head slowly with a slight smile.

"Understand what?"

With that, the woman drove a stake through Scarlett's heart. Scarlett gasped for air and tried shouting for help but no one came to her rescue. Her body squirmed, trying to move out of her restraints but it was no use. Her skin turned a light gray with dark veins covered her body.

Esther looked at the girl's lifeless body, feeling guilt before she walked out of the tomb.

An hour later, the veins on Scarlett's body started to disappear. Her skin went to its natural tone as she came back to life.

Her eyes scattered the tomb, looking for Esther or anyone when she noticed a young man. She tried breaking out of her restraints one last time but failed. She decided to try and get help.

"Hey!" The man turned towards the sound of her voice. He saw the girl chained up, knowing who it was. "Can you get me out of this thing?"

"No can do." He denied, slowly walking towards her. "My mother would kill me."

From his words, Scarlett came to the quick realization. "Kol, right?"

"Correct." He confirmed. "You're Scarlett, the powerful hybrid that my mother spoke about."

Scarlett nodded, confirming his words. "Listen, Kol. Just say I broke out. I can make it look like I broke out." Kol's face hardened at her words, thinking about what to do. "Please."

Hesitantly, Kol grabbed the key from the table beside him and approached Scarlett. He unlocked her chains, making her collapse to the ground from how weak she was. Scarlett sighed heavily before rising from the ground. With all of the strength she had, she ripped each of the chains apart, making it look like she broke out.

Once she finished, she turned to Kol with a grateful smile. "Thank you, Kol. I owe you one."

With that, she zoomed out of the cemetery with her vampire speed, rushing over to the Mikaelson compound. She made her way into the courtyard to see Klaus looking from above on the balcony. "Scarlett."

He hurried down the stairs to her side, examining her wounds. He noticed the burn marks on her wrists that trickled down her arm. "What happened?"

"Your mom." She joked before giggling like a child. "Sorry, it was actually your mom. She kidnapped me but I escaped."

Klaus' face changed from worried to angry as his eyes darkened. "I'm gonna tear her limb from limb and-"

"Klaus." Scarlett placed her hand on his chest, stopping him from moving any further. "I'm fine. It's okay."

With that assurance from Scarlett, he calmed himself down and sighed heavily. "Let's get you cleaned up."