Chapter 19: Sign of Weakness

It was hard, trying to gain the strength to go back home

It was hard, trying to gain the strength to go back home. Scarlett wished not to go back ever but there was something about the town that brought her back.

She knew it would be a shitty thing for her not to go back and leave her friends in the dust. She contacted Marcel and Davina everyday, checking up on them and they seemed okay. Davina had went back to school and she was living a normal life. Scarlett was so happy for her and wanted to go see her but didn't want to ruin things. Then there's Marcel, he was so curious about Klaus and why he wasn't murdering anyone for the death of his child.

Oh yeah.

Klaus compelled Marcel to forget about the child and say she died to keep her safe.

Scarlett knew it was probably hard for the parents to let go of their daughter like that so she decided to check up on them.

Based on stuff she heard from Marcel's remaining nightwalkers in the quarter, she knew about Hayley in the bayou. She was trying to deal with her problems on her own. It was her coping mechanism.

Scarlett wandered through the back of the bayou, looking for any life around when she heard a sound nearby. She whirled towards the sound to Hayley standing there, standing behind a line of clothes. "Hey there, beautiful."

Hayley turned towards the sound of Scarlett's voice. "Scarlett?"

"No, it's actually Scarlett's twin sister from the Soviet Union." Scarlett spoke in a Russian accent.

Hayley laughed at her light joke and hurried to the girl. She wrapped her arms around her which Scarlett returned quickly. They both smiled at the hug, knowing they both missed one another.

After a moment, the two pulled away. Hayley looked Scarlett up and down, not believing she was there. "What- what are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd go for a stroll and hunt down some wolves." Scarlett responded sarcastically, earning a glare from Hayley. "I'm actually here to check on you. See how you're doing with everything."

"I'm okay." Hayley nodded slowly. "I'm dealing with it in my own way."

Scarlett smirked at her answer, knowing what she meant. "You're pulling a me, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am." Hayley admitted quickly, making Scarlett smile.

"Come on, let's go get a drink."

...

The two girls sat at the bar counter at Rousseau's while they each had a shot of tequila in front of them. They each downed their first glass before requesting for another to the bartender.

"So, how has town been since I was gone?" Scarlett wondered.

"Terrible." Hayley answered honestly. "That bitch Francesca has taken over and has the werewolves on her side and one of the harvest girls, Cassie."