Chapter 32: Spell Caster

"Scarlett

"Scarlett." Scarlett looked towards the voice to see Elijah standing close to the threshold of her front door. "Why did you call me 7 times?"

"Have you spoken to Klaus?" She asked, not bothering to invite him inside her apartment.

"Mmm, briefly... before I put him to sleep with a dagger." Elijah revealed to Scarlett slowly. "Words were exchanged."

"What the hell, Elijah?!" She cursed at him. "Why would you do that?"

"He was acting like a lunatic." He defended himself simply.

"He didn't kill Aiden, Elijah." She confessed, earning a look of confusion from the vampire. "Klaus didn't kill Aiden. He was with me when Aiden died. He just took the blame because of some insane dictator-edict about making people fear him."

"Nevertheless, had I left Niklaus standing, the very army protecting Hope would have revolted."

"But you can't just leave him like that while his daughter's in danger." The hybrid argued lightly.

"Please." Elijah practically scoffed at her words. "Your feelings are clouding your judgment."

"My feelings?" She repeated his words into a question. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"For my brother." He clarified. "I am not a fool, Scarlett. Although I've valued our time together at the safe house, make no mistake- I was in your head as much as you were in mine.

"Oh my god." Scarlett muttered, rolling her eyes as she folded her arms over her chest. "How long are you gonna leave him like that?"

"'Til Hope is safe." He answered ominously. "Now, I need your help."

...

"What good's a jazz club with no bloody jazz?" Rebekah pondered, her fingers lingering through the section of vinyls.

Vincent dropped his pen on the bar in frustration, gesturing to the books he was reading. "Do you mind? I'm trying to reverse a very complicated sacrifice spell, and you whining about jazz is not helping me."

Elijah and Scarlett arrived to the bar where Rebekah and Vincent were working on the spell to kill Dahlia. "I'm afraid we have more pressing concerns."

"What's all this?" Rebekah asked them, referring to the box Elijah held.

"Dark objects that Kieran gave to me before he died." Scarlett answered for Rebekah. "Treat them with respect please."

"It seems that Niklaus' distrust of Freya was not entirely misplaced." Elijah admitted, barely believing that his brother was right. "Our sister wants to use Hope to lure Dahlia in to a trap."

"And, I assume you told her she's out of her lunatic mind?" Rebekah exclaimed.

"I have another idea." Elijah began, leaving them all wondering what he was thinking. "Hope is something of a beacon for this new terror. But, now that she's been cloaked, perhaps we can use something else to ensnare Dahlia. These enchanted objects should generate power to create a decoy of some kind. Mr. Griffith? Where do you think you're going?"