Chapter 29: After Everything

Author's Note: I'm having a writer's block sort of thing but it's not like I can't write, it's just I can't write WELL

Author's Note: I'm having a writer's block sort of thing but it's not like I can't write, it's just I can't write WELL. Like, I'm just a mess right now.

Scarlett, Elijah and Hope got to the compound where they were setting up an event. An event Scarlett had not known about yet. Scarlett's eyes scanned the room while she walked with little Hope in her arms. "What have I missed?"

Elijah simply shrugged, waiting for the others to explain instead. Scarlett stopped looking around when she heard footsteps approaching quickly. Scarlett looked to the direction of the footsteps to see Hayley, Jackson and Klaus enter the room. Hayley was horrified at the sight, not knowing that her daughter was out of danger. "You brought them here? Finn could be anywhere!"

"Finn is currently burnt to a crisp." Scarlett informed Hayley with a slight smirk. "He won't be getting close to her anytime soon."

Klaus sent a slight grin Scarlett's way before turning to Hayley. "I've taken precautions. There'll be no uninvited guests at your wedding-"

"Wedding?" Scarlett repeated Klaus' words, appalled by what he had just said. "What wedding?"

Hayley stepped closer to Jackson who stood beside her, implying something that Scarlett quickly understood. She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of the two before brushing off her confusion. "Good to know."

Scarlett walked towards Hayley slowly with Hope in her arms for another moment. Scarlett gently handed the child to Hayley which caused a bright smile to appear on Hayley's face. The hybrid watched from the side at the reunion while she walked over to Jackson. Scarlett placed her elbow onto the man's shoulder, leaning close to him. "If you break her heart, I'll break you into little bits. Got it?"

Jackson tucked his hands into his jean pockets, slightly nervous at Scarlett's threat. "Yes, ma'am."

...

While the bride got ready for her wedding, Scarlett got ready aswell. She went to her apartment, getting on a formal dress and doing her makeup before heading back to the compound.

Scarlett made her way to Hayley's room where she observed herself in the long mirror. Hayley sensed Scarlett's presence and noticed the girl in the mirror, leaning against the wall of the doorway. "You spying on me, Scar?"

"Maybe." Scarlett smirked slightly. She slowly stepped away from the doorway, walking towards the bride. "You look beautiful."

"As do you." Hayley returned, lightly admiring Scarlett's long emerald green dress.

Scarlett and Hayley heard footsteps approaching them before they both looked towards the noise. Elijah stood in the same doorway Scarlett stood, giving Scarlett her cue to leave. "Good luck."

Scarlett sent Hayley a set of thumbs up as she walked out of the room, leaving the two alone. Scarlett was about to head downstairs where all the guests were when she was stopped by Klaus. The hybrid wore his formal attire, a tux with a black tie. "You look dapper."