Chapter 15: Altering The Mind

From the hex, Kieran was having upsetting hallucinations

From the hex, Kieran was having upsetting hallucinations. He kept acting out thinking that Scarlett and Josh were the witch that hexed him and his dead nephew, Sean. "Be gone, demon."

"Come on, just one sip." Scarlett held a glass of water, trying to help the man.

Josh pinned Kieran against the wall as Scarlett tried forcing him to drink water. Kieran wasn't having it and slapped the cup out of her hand, making it shatter across the attic floor. "No. I know who you are, you hateful bitch."

He looked to Josh before he started to hallucinate again. "Oh, Sean, I tried to help you. I tried to save you, but this city... this city is full of monsters."

"Uh, yeah. Trust me, I know." Josh said calmly before looking to Scarlett. "Remind me to never piss off a witch."

As Scarlett picked up the glass shards off the floor, Kieran started shouting. He collapsed to the floor and began to have a seizure. Scarlett kneeled next to him, trying to push him to the side with Josh's help.

Momentarily, Kieran calmed down, looking to Scarlett. "Scarlett?" Scarlett nodded with a comforting smile before the man started to panic again. "What do you want from me?"

Kieran backed into a corner, startled by the people in front of him. Scarlett and Josh stepped away from him, talking in a corner. "You saw that, right? It was just for a second, but it was him."

They both stared at Kieran, who anxiously grabbed onto the cross around the neck and squeezed it tightly.

"I don't know, Scar." Josh mumbled. "I mean, maybe he's still in there underneath all the crazy, but the crazy is pretty thick."

Scarlett fidgeted with her necklace around her neck. "We need to find out a way to get him back to normal."

...

"Mmm-mm." Scarlett hummed as she shook her head. "No way."

"Scar, Josh told me how bad things have gotten." Marcel revealed, ratting out the young vampire. "I should be there for you. Just let me help!"

"No!" She exclaimed. "You'd be slaughtered by Klaus if you came back here."

"I'm more worried about you." He confessed. "Kieran is dangerous."

"Stop trying to take care of me and let me take care of you." Scarlett denied his help. "Stay out of town or I'll kick your ass."

Scarlett hung up on him, not letting him respond just as Josh arrived with a doctor. The doctor was immediately horrified to see Kieran shackled to the heater. "What the hell?"

Josh noticed the doctor's frightened look. "Oh, okay. Yeah. Totally see how we got kind of a crime scene vibe happening here. Just don't freak out, okay?"

"Hi. I'm Dr. Sheski." The doctor introduced himself to the paranoid Kieran. "Just gonna get your pulse."

Kieran was startled by the man getting close to his face and started growling at him. The doctor looked back to the two others in the room, Scarlett sent him a forced smile. "He hasn't taken his meds today."