Chapter 20: A Queen

"Scarlett!"

"Scarlett!"

Scarlett lifted her head towards the voice to see Davina. She smiled sweetly at the sight before rushing over to the young witch. Scarlett wrapped her arms around her tightly, not wanting to let her go while Davina returned the hug. The two let go after a moment and sat down at the nearby table.

Davina observed Scarlett to see how she was fidgetting with her fingers. The fidgetting was familiar, making Davina concerned. "Hey, Scar, what's going on?"

"I have something to tell you." Scarlett confessed quietly. "Just don't launch me into a wall."

Davina's eyebrows furrowed at her words. "Depends on what it is."

Scarlett sighed heavily, mentally preparing for what she was about to say. She finally let some of her fear go and revealed what needed to be said. "I slept with Klaus."

"WHAT?!"

The rise in Davina's voice made all heads in the bar turn. Scarlett sent a fake smile to everyone in the bar to assure them that it was fine. Davina tried processing what the girl said as she leaned back in her chair.

"It was a moment of weakness- It was like all my brain vanished and flew all the way to Canada." Scarlett rambled on. "I'm so sorry, Davina. It just happened and-"

"Okay."

Scarlett stopped her rambling at Davina's single word. "Okay? That's it?"

"Yeah." Davina nodded slowly. "It's not like you can control your feelings."

Scarlett looked to the girl, visibly confused by her calm reaction. "So... you're okay with that?"

"Yeah. I should've seen it coming honestly." Davina slightly smirked. "You look at him like all lovey dovey and it's so gross, you're like-"

"I don't do that!"

"Yes, you do!" Davina argued with a grin on her face. "You have the biggest crush on him. Besides the fact that he's a brutal sadistic psycho, he's... okay."

"Thanks, D." Scarlett gave her a sweet smile. "I'm not just here to shit on your parade, how's life been going?"

"I got asked out on a date by a guy." Davina revealed. Scarlett raised her eyebrows, urging her to go on. "But he stood me up."

"I need his name and address and he's dead meat." Scarlett said jokingly.

"No!" Davina exclaimed with an embarrassed smile. "If I want to go on a date with another guy, I can't have you be my hit woman."

The two continued to talk about the most recent part of their lives until Davina got a call from Marcel. They both said their goodbyes, leaving the restaurant, doing their own things.

As Scarlett walked down the street of New Orleans, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled out the phone to see that Hayley was calling. She answered the phone before placing it to her ear. "Hey, gorgeous."