Chapter 18: Hope

Author's Note: I wrote some of this chapter while doing the mile run so sorry if it sucks

Author's Note: I wrote some of this chapter while doing the mile run so sorry if it sucks. I know, how'd you do this while doing the mile run? I don't know, I just slay so much.

From all the noise in the church, Scarlett woke up from her slumber. Feeling a pain in her neck, she cracked her neck quickly. Recovering from her short pain, Scarlett rised from the ground, ready to kill some witches.

Scarlett used her magic, launching the group of witches that surrounded Hayley, into the wall of the church. The witches had lost control of Klaus, making him fall to the ground.

Wanting to help out Hayley, Scarlett rushed over to the girl with her vampire speed, trying to help her in labor. She tried comforting the girl for a moment when she was launched across the room. She hit the wooden floor roughly, sliding down until she caught a grip on the floor. Her nails dug into the wooden floor, getting her to stop sliding.

Once she got back up, she noticed Klaus pinned up against the wall again. She wanted to help him but had to deal with the witches first. With her vampire strength, she broke off a piece of the wooden pews. She snapped it in half over her leg, turning it into a stake before throwing it towards one of the witches, Monique.

Before the stake could reach the young witch, Monique had stopped it with her magic. Scarlett was held in place by one of the other witches, making sure she wouldn't move. Monique shot back at Scarlett, throwing the stake back at her. Scarlett tried dodging the stake but wasn't able to move the slightest bit.

Finally, the stake hit.

Scarlett was finally able to move again once the witches stopped casting their spell. Even though they weren't doing anything to her, Scarlett failed to move. She gasped for breath, looking down at where she felt slight pain.

The stake had impaled her through her chest, going through her heart. Scarlett tried screaming for help but the air in her lungs could only let out a slight whisper. Her vision became blurry and her hearing started to fade. The loud screams of agony from both Klaus and Hayley were slowly fading away.

Scarlett knew it was her time. She stopped fighting to regain air and collapsed to the ground. She laid on the church floor as her skin turned grey and veins covered all over her body. The last thing she saw was the pained look on Klaus' face.

...

After the witches took the baby, Klaus was left in the church with the dead Scarlett and the transitioning Hayley. Klaus had fell to the ground, hitting the ground roughly before he rushed over to Hayley. He checked if there was a pulse but he found nothing.

He knew there was no hope so he rushed over to the lifeless Scarlett. He kneeled down on the ground beside her, placing her head in his lap. He tried to hold back his tears but failed, leaving a single tear to roll down his cheek. His finger gently brushed her cheekbone, realizing that he had lost Scarlett forever.