Chapter 12: Daddy Issues

Scarlett rushed into the compound in a hurry, looking for Elijah

Scarlett rushed into the compound in a hurry, looking for Elijah. She was shopping for new clothes when she got a call from him saying it was urgent.

When Elijah heard her arrival, he walked out onto the balcony to greet her. "Scarlett!" He gestured for her to come upstairs with his hands. "Please."

"Why did you call me? Have you found a way to help Kieran?" Scarlett wondered, curious as to why Elijah called.

"I can try, but first, I need your help." The Original responded.

"What is it? Why am I here?" Scarlett interrogated him as they walked up the stairs of the compound.

Elijah didn't respond, he used his vampire speed to run away before Scarlett reluctantly followed. They made their way into the room where Klaus rested when Scarlett lightly gasped. He was sweating and he was visibly in pain. "Is he okay? Who did this to him?"

"I did." Elijah revealed. "And now I intend to remove it."

Elijah used a nearby scalpel to cut into Klaus' stomach. Scarlett wasn't bothered by the sight. She has brutally murdered people so...

"All the people that could be here, you're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter." Elijah reasoned with the girl before jamming his fist into Klaus' stomach.  "Also, he speaks of you with what is a rare degree, for him, at least, of respect. I can see you challenge him to see himself and others in a new light."

Elijah finally pulled the knife out of Klaus' chest, making the hybrid groan.

"A wonderful skill that I shall be counting on very shortly." Elijah continued. "You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. He needs blood to recover but since you're strong enough, you can hold him down. Perhaps you could use the time constructively? Persuade him not to murder his baby sister. Now, I fear Sabine will be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and to end this."

"Elijah. You will pay for this." Klaus whispered weakly.

...

Klaus drained the blood bag quickly, making Scarlett stare at him. "Woah, don't eat the bag while you're at it."

"Mmm." Klaus hummed as he drank the last of the bag.

"Klaus, look at me." She slowly took the empty bag away from him. "Don't hurt Rebekah. She may have hurt you but... maybe she had her reasons."

"Are you siding with her right now?"

"Maybe!" She exclaimed, hopping off of the bed. "I've heard from Marcel, the stories about you hurting Rebekah's lovers and how you were violently protective over her. I get that she's your little sister but... all she's wanted was to be loved and you can't keep taking that away from her. Haven't you ever wanted the same?"

Klaus started at Scarlett for a moment, too embarrassed to respond. He got tired of the talk and started squirming in the bed. "Alright, I'm done with this chit-chat."