Chapter 6: Gone Girl

Scarlett, Klaus and Elijah entered the courtyard where Marcel was holding the event known as Fright Night

Scarlett, Klaus and Elijah entered the courtyard where Marcel was holding the event known as Fright Night. Scarlett tried to keep the attention off them but Klaus decided to go against what Scarlett wanted. Klaus zoomed behind one of the female vampires and snapped her neck. The whole room stopped cheering, letting it go silent.

"Good evening!" Klaus announced his presence. "I'd like a word."

"Way to make an entrance." Scarlett muttered.

Marcel's eyes wandered away from Klaus and onto his friend. "Scar, what are you doing with them?"

"My friend, Hayley, went missing." She revealed to him. "I knew you visited her before. Would you know anything about that?"

"Accusing me now, Scarlett?" Marcel placed his hand to his heart, acting hurt at her accusation. "That's cold."

"The girl. Now." Elijah demanded.

"I ain't got her." Marcel confessed. "And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?"

...

Scarlett, Elijah and Klaus sat at a round table in the courtyard while some of the vampire fighters are milling around the compound.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah insulted, looking to Klaus.

Klaus smirked, looking to his brother. "You do realize they can hear you?"

"You do realize I don't care?" Elijah retorted.

"I like him." Scarlett pointed to Elijah, making Klaus smirk at her.

Marcel entered the courtyard where the rest were, followed by some vampires and the witch, Sabine. Scarlett stiffened at the sight of the witch.

She remembered Sabine being friends with her mother. Sabine was the one who told Scarlett's mother about her daughter and her powers. She was one of the others that convinced Scarlett to become a part of the Harvest.

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box." Marcel made his presence known. "Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world, and I always show respect to my elders. Scarlett, my best friend in the whole world. If your special lady friend is missing, you could benefit from the help of a witch."

Scarlett didn't want the woman's help, she preferred to be alone. "Marcel, I got this-"

"Scar, it wouldn't hurt to have a little help, wouldn't it?" Marcel taunted her.