Chapter 4: The Festival

Marcel and Scarlett leaned over Elijah's coffin and stared at him

Marcel and Scarlett leaned over Elijah's coffin and stared at him. "This sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit. Doesn't matter. Time to give ol' Elijah back to Klaus, anyway."

"Ugh, don't say the K word." Scarlett groaned, mentally face-palming herself.

"What? He break your heart or something?" Marcel teased the girl.

Scarlett glared at him, telling him to keep his mouth shut.

Davina turned away from the window, looking to Marcel. "You asked me to figure out a way to kill the Originals. I'm not done! The silver dagger hurts them, but that's it."

"Davina, we've been through this. Klaus saved my life, I owe him one. Since he wants his brother back-"

"Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival." Davina interrupted him, wanting to change the subject. "I wanna go. Please?"

"The whole point of you being up here is so you're never spotted out there." Marcel reasoned with the girl. "You know who works smack in the middle of Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux. Pain-in-the-ass witch? And you know what the witches will do to you if they find you."

"But you control the witches. Make her go away!" Davina lightly pouted. Marcel shook his head, making Davina groan in annoyance. "Marcel, it's one night!"

"I said no." Marcel repeated his answer, wanting to be done with the conversation.

Marcel turned away from Davina and walked toward the door to leave when Scarlett stopped him.

"Marcel!" Scarlett called to him, stopping him in his tracks. He turned to the two girls slowly and Scarlett placed her hands on both of Davina's shoulders. "I'll keep an eye on her. She just wants to live a... sort of normal life."

Marcel heaved a sigh, hesitantly agreeing. "Fine."

...

That night, the festival had begun. Scarlett and Marcel walked down Dauphine Street as they watched the young witch. Davina was smiling broadly, looking at all the people and listening to the music. They all walked into Rousseau's, the nearby bar which was teeming with people drinking and listening to a brass band play up front.

"So, is it everything you hoped for?" Marcel asked the girl, imitating the same smile she had on her face.

Davina nodded her head enthusiastically, happy to be where she was. "Yeah!"

"So, we should probably go over the rules." Marcel reminded her.

"I won't talk to anyone about anything. I won't say anything about witches, or vampires, or Originals, or you." Davina repeated his exact words from before.

Marcel nodded at Davina and smiled, proud of her, earning an embarrassed smile in return. "You said you weren't going to hover."

Marcel looked at her incredulously before the two girls laughed, watching the band. Marcel knew it was his time to leave so he left the two alone, letting them have fun.