Chapter 17: Worth Saving

Scarlett was sitting in the attic where Davina used to stay when she had gotten a call from Hayley

Scarlett was sitting in the attic where Davina used to stay when she had gotten a call from Hayley. Hayley said that Genevieve was watching over her. Hayley didn't trust Genevieve so she called Scarlett for backup incase anything backfired. Hayley knew Scarlett's hatred for any witches that weren't Davina and thought that could help somewhat.

Genevieve was supposed to be making daylight rings for Hayley's pack. They didn't trust that Genevieve was just doing it to be good to Klaus.

Scarlett arrived to the compound, walking into the room where Hayley was to see the werewolf pacing around. "Easy there, tiger. Wouldn't want to go in labor now, would you?"

Hayley sighed in relief at the sound of the hybrid's voice and rushed over to her, pulling her in for a hug. Scarlett was taken aback by the action but quickly hugged back, cherishing the moment. Hayley quickly pulled away from Scarlett, gripping onto the hybrid's shoulders. "Any word from Klaus?"

"No." Scarlett shook her head, making Hayley remove her hands from her shoulders. "Why do you think he would call me?"

"You are so oblivious." Hayley muttered. Scarlett heard her words and her eyebrows furrowed as she looked to the girl. Hayley sat down on the nearby couch, going back to her frantic state. "I hate this. I feel completely useless."

"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus and Elijah running all over town?" Genevieve pointed out. "It's all for you. I'm a bit envious."

"Great. Lucky me." Hayley commented sarcastically.

"Is there anything I can get you?"

Hayley forced a smile, looking to the woman. "How about a moonlight ring?"

"The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex." The red-head informed them both. "And, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith!"

Scarlett sat down on the couch beside Hayley, placing her arm behind her neck. "Don't worry, they'll be okay."

Hayley sighed to herself before resting her head on Scarlett's shoulder.

...

Klaus and Elijah arrived at the docks and found Jackson, who was bound to his chair. Klaus tore the black hood off of Jackson's head before gripping onto his jaw, observing him.  "Accolades to Marcel, he did quite a dance across the bridge of your nose. Where is he now?"

Jackson looked around the docks and looked down at the floor to find that there is an explosive rigged to the legs of his chair. The explosive was connected to a crate that has an even larger bomb inside.

"Nowhere to be found." Elijah answered for his brother before he opened a crate to find another explosive. "Although, he did leave us a delightful parting gift."

"What about the stones?" Klaus questioned the werewolf.

"I don't know." Jackson replied honestly. "Untie me, I'll help you find them!"