Chapter 3: Detective Madden

After the situation with Thierry, Scarlett felt off

After the situation with Thierry, Scarlett felt off. She knew something wasn't right about the whole thing.

As the story was presented, one of Marcel's nightwalkers attacked Katie, Thierry's girlfriend. Thierry killed the vampire to protect the love of his life and he was convicted.

So, Scarlett went to the only source that she could go to. Thierry himself.

Scarlett walked throughout the compound and made her way to the garden, not being seen by anyone.

Her eyes scattered the garden as she walked through, seeing the decaying bodies throughout. She kept looking until she found Thierry. He was stuck inside a bricked up wall with his head sticking out of a hole in the wall.

"Thierry. Thithi." She cooed, talking to him like a pet. When he didn't answer her, she went to Plan B. He held up a blood bag that Marcel had and held it near Thierry's face. She moved it around, trying to get him to smell it when his eyes opened wide. "There you are."

"Scarlett..." He muttered, not being able to talk much. "What are you doing here?"

"I knew something was off about your story so I came here to get some more answers." She responded confidently, proud of herself. "When you give me the answers I need, I give you this blood bag and make sure you don't decay like Louis."

She heard Thierry agree, his voice extremely low from the lack of blood in his system.

"I know how you guys went on a run around town, trying to check for witches." She recalled. "What happened there?"

"I was with Katie. I visited her for a minute before I walked back out. I saw Max there and I told him I already checked the building. He nodded, believing me before he checked himself and found Katie. He attacked her and he wouldn't get off of her after I told him to and I killed him." He explained what had happened.

Scarlett held that information in her head before she opened up the blood bag for Thierry. She held the opening to Thierry's mouth and watched as he drank out of it. She held it up for him until he sucked the bag dry. "Thanks Thierry. Good luck."

She walked away from Thierry, holding the bag in her hand until she found a nearby trash and dropped it in.

She kept walking back to her room until she paused in her tracks. She put the puzzle pieces together in her head slowly.

Thierry thought Max believed him but went in anyways. He kept attacking Katie after Thierry told him not to.

Holy shit.

"Son of a bitch." She cursed quietly.

Scarlett used her vampire speed and sped over to the Mikaelson compound where Klaus and the rest of the clan resided. Once she reached the property, she walked up to the front door of the home. She knocked on the door aggressively, making sure someone would answer.

She stood there for a few seconds until the door was swung open. Scarlett looked up to see the familiar werewolf answer the door. "Scarlett, what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk with Klaus, may I come in?" Scarlett held a forced smile, trying to persuade Hayley into letting her in.

"Yeah. Come in." Hayley agreed.

Scarlett walked past the threshold before her smile quickly faded. "What I mean by talk, I mean brutally beat the shit out of. Klaus!"

Klaus walked out of the other room, expecting it to be Rebekah who called him. "What is it now-" His voice faded at the sight of the other hybrid before him. "Scarlett."

Scarlett marched her way over to Klaus before she swung her arm at him, slapping him across the face. "How dare you?! How dare you do that to Thierry?! He had a life, he had a love and you ruined it for what- your own gain?!"

"Listen to me, love." He began. Scarlett wanted to interrupt but she also wanted to hear him out. "Thierry was suspicious of me and I can't have that right now if I want to get on Marcel's good side."

"You could've just been a decent person!" She exclaimed. "You have to accept that New Orleans isn't yours anymore! Marcel runs the show now! If you really wanted the city back, you could've just cooperated with Marcel and shared the spotlight! But you did the opposite!"

"Scarlett, I'm-"

"I thought you were different." She interrupted him, not wanting to hear his excuses. "I thought you were different from the stories I heard. I thought you actually liked me but... I guess I was wrong."

Scarlett stormed away from Klaus, not listening to him anymore. Klaus called her name, trying to get her to come back but she used her vampire speed and ran off. Hayley shut the door behind Scarlett before turning to Klaus slowly. "Wow. She's a fiery one. Guess you have a type."

Klaus glared at her, making her shrug her shoulders. Hayley walked away from the door, brushing past Klaus before pausing in her tracks. "You know... She's a good one. Don't let her go so easily."

Hayley continued walking away, leaving Klaus with his thoughts.