Chapter 8: Witch Hunt

"Hey, I got your call

"Hey, I got your call." Scarlett announced her presence to the others in the room. "What is it?"

"Davina's missing." Marcel broke the news to the hybrid.

"What?"

Out of the blue, Elijah appeared from around the corner and Marcel turned towards him. "Her violin is missing. She may have left of her own volition."

"What did you say to her in the attic?" Marcel interrogated Elijah, feeling anger rush throughout his body. "She lied to my face so she could stay up there, thinking that you'd help her control her magic. How do we know you didn't take her?"

"I have no idea where Davina is, or why she ran away." Elijah admitted. "Can I suggest you take a step back?"

Marcel eyed the older vampire for a moment before he turned away. "I can assure you I have absolutely no desire to see that child come into harm's way. She's suffered enough with this Harvest ritual nonsense."

"That child, to whom you refer to so affectionately, is the most powerful witch in New Orleans." Klaus pointed out. "If she's fled, what's to stop her from destroying us? In fact, destroying all we've worked for? No, if she's not a friend to this family, then she is our enemy."

"Klaus, if you don't shut your mouth, I'll shut it for you." Scarlett threatened, clearly not in the mood for Klaus' attitude.

Klaus placed his hand on his chest and gasped lightly. "Oh. It seems I've hit a nerve."

Scarlett rushed at Klaus, placing her elbow on his chest as she pinned him against the wall. "Davina is not a weapon for your own gain. She's a child." Scarlett pushed herself off of Klaus before looking to the others. "If we don't find Davina by the end of the night, there will be a bloodbath to pick up and certainly, I'm not doing it."

Scarlett started to walk out of the room when she still felt their gazes on her. "Well, come on you old rodents, we got a witch to find."

...

Scarlett and Klaus paired together to look for Davina while Elijah and Marcel did the same. Scarlett walked down the crowd street with Klaus by her side when she heard Klaus' voice. "Why are you so close with Davina anyways?"

"She's like a sister to me." Scarlett confessed, still searching. "We were in the same coven. The others hated me for my power and thought of me as an abomination but... Davina didn't see what the others saw."

"An abomination, eh?" Klaus questioned with a smug smirk on his face. "Looks like me and you have a lot more in common than you think."

"Yeah, maybe but, I'm not going to use a teenage girl as a weapon, unlike others." Scarlett said, not wanting to deal with Klaus' flirty banter.

She continued walking down the street until she noticed Marcel and Elijah. Her and Klaus hurried over to them, trying to get an update on Davina.

"Ah, you two look rather cozy." Klaus commented.