Double Help

...

A young boy about the hight of a 10 year older traces the beautiful paintings on the walls, his mother painted them when she was pregnant with him up until he was three years old, they've survived the fire but traces of black smudges from the smoke are still prominent.

Little Lou hates the black smudges, and everyday he and his best friend Zayn take a bucket of warm water and soap and wash the walls with the cloths, careful not to damage the beautiful paint beneath.

It's not like the other people on the pack didn't volunteer on helping them with the smudges, as they had already cleaned them all up once, it was just that Louis would not let anyone help him, not even Zayn although the little Beta practically begged him to let him help even if just with a small brush and a bucket of water and soap.

Zayn has just finished cleaning up a shadow like smudge over one of the mythological nymphs over the stairs, a beautiful lady that emerges from the green pounds in beauty.

While Louis up on a ladder is trying to clean the face of what he guessed was the god of love, son of Aphrodite, Eros. He's too focused on his beautiful eyes to even notice that he's standing too close to the edge of the ladder, about two stores high to reaching the ceiling.

He shifts his weight to the left and the ladder starts taking a curve. Louis let's out a scream of help as he's about to fall sideways. He braces himself, closing his eyes tightly shut, and shielding his head, getting ready for the impact with the ground. Just as he thinks he's about to land on the hard floor of the ballroom, a pair of arms wait for him, he crashes loudly over his saviour.

They both crash together to the ground. Louis not feeling as much pain as he thought he would, looks around to find Zayn on the floor under him with a blooded nose.

He sits up and makes sure Louis is okay, totally ignoring the fact his nose is bleeding. Soon people from the pack come to their air, having heard Louis' screams.

"Mon Lou!"-Mark approaches in fear, scared his son is hurt, but when he notices Louis is fine and sees Zayn sitting on the floor with a handkerchief with blood in his hand, he picks up the little pups and takes them both to the packs doctor.

"Brave Beta."-Mark pats Zayn's shoulder after his nose is checked and so is his limbs and ribs. Louis is checked too, and Mark gives him a good scold for having put his and Zayn's life in danger. But there's not much he can do, since he can't bring back Louis' mom...the paintings on the walls are all he has left of her. He understands his sons mania to get her last memory spotless.

"Thanks Z."-Louis mumbles ashamed.-"Sorry that I feel over you."

"You didn't fall."-Zayn says also ashamed.-"I tried to catch you...like knights do in the fairytales J-Luna used to tell us..."

Mark feels his heart break a little, what a brave little solider.-"Thanks for looking after Lou, Young Malik. Putting your life in danger like that, proves nothing but loyalty. Well done."-Mark says as the doctor ties a bandage over Louis' swollen leg.

"All for Lou Lou."-Zayn chuckles holding his nose and wrist on a tight cast.-"He's clumsy, he needs a knight to take care of him."

"I don't need a knight! I'm already the almighty prince! See, I'm fine!"-Louis says and jumps off the bed trying to prove his point only to stumble on his steps still shaken from the fall, his leg hurt, and almost fall on Marks lap.