5

"Stop here '' I told Rick, we needed food and we were far enough away from the city that there would be a good game, hopefully. Rick pulled over causing the others to do the same "We'll spend the night here, Daryl and I will go hunting for food" They all nodded and everyone got to work setting up camp for the night. "Ready?" I quickly grabbed my army jacket out of the back seat and followed Daryl. I followed behind Daryl, I could tell he was still worried about what happened back at the CDC with how he kept glancing back at me "We could set up 're for the night" he pointed to an abandoned barn barely visible through the trees, "let's check it out first"

Only three walkers, easy I thought. "it's warm in here, the kids-" a fourth walker came out of nowhere and grabbed my arm, I panicked for a split second and that made us topple over, I tried to reach my knife but it was just out of my reach it was less than an inch from my face nipping at me before it was pulled off. Daryl pulled me up "You ok? Did it get ya?" he frantically looked over my body, "I'm ok" he kept looking so I cupped his face making him look at me "I'm ok" I repeated, I didn't believe myself but he needed to hear it. He smashed his lips to mine, it wasn't as rough as I thought it would have been, he was gentle and loving, and his bow made a dull thunk when it hit the ground. Daryl's hands roamed my body. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he slammed me up against the wall

"We should get back" he rubbed me bareback. I hummed, I didn't want to leave, his chest was quite comfortable "We still need to hunt and' bring them back" I nodded and sluggishly got up "'ere" he tossed me my pants, "Woah you alright'" he caught me when I stumbled "I will be" he smirked and I rolled my eyes putting my pants on.

Me and Rick took up the back while Daryl led the way back to the barn "You ok?" I nodded, How am I gonna tell him? He doesn't have the right to get mad "Me and Daryl we.." I trailed off, I know Daryl's my mate but I also married Rick and cheating is a thing I guess? "You did?" he had a big smile on his face, guess he was ok with it "Wait-'' he grabbed my arm to stop us "Did you think I would be mad?" his eyes softened "I guess I don't know we married and is it cheating if it's with your own mate?" I didn't know how this was going to work, my parents only had each other and I only had one partner at a time when I dated before rick "we'll figure it out, and it aint cheating'"

When we got settled and made sure the barn was secure Merle sat with his back to the wall and Carl curled up to his side "Looks like someone loves Uncle Merle" My boys smiled at them and Merle rolled his eyes he'll warm up to the idea "I'll take the first shift" Daryl offered "Rick will help you" I offered rick up they need bonding time and I needed rest, I sat beside merle "ya good?" I leaned my head on Merle's shoulder "Ya" he grunted and we got to sleep.

We didn't get very far the next day, maybe a few miles. "We need a new hose" Dale worked on the RV, "I thought the hose from the truck was perfect?" she asked annoyed not" Dale shook his head "Let's scavenge while we look'' rick suggested "Carl stay close to me, dad, Daryl or Carol'' he nodded and went on his way with Sophia, we found some useful things like canned food, weapons, and clothes. "Down now" Daryl came running over and pulled me down "Under the cars, walkers'' Rick was closely behind, Lori healed Carol down and Sophia looked like she was gonna book it not good

Once the walkers were gone I jumped up, she was 4 cars over from me. I needed to keep her back. I heard her scream, and she took off over the guardrail. "shit" I mumbled and Carol called out to her. I was hot on her tail and someone else was right behind me "Sophia!" I called her. I pulled her to me just as Rick got there, and took her into the river while I distracted the walkers.

I managed to take one down and the other was a lot closer than I thought, but Rick had it before it could grab me "Where's Sophia?" Rick looked me over for any scratches "Why didn't you stay with her, you should have taken her back" Rick grabbed my face and looked concerned "It's ok, we'll find her"