45

It's been a few months and I got really big. Rick, Daryl, Carl or Michonne was always at my side, and whoever was with me carried a book bag full of all of the supplies for the baby. I didn't want a repeat of last time. That was the only thing I was scared about. "You sure you're seven months? You're about to pop" Michonne did have a point if we went by the month I found out I was seven but it's more than likely to be a few weeks off or a month and because the machine was still broken doc couldn't tell. "I got to watch, see ya later" she kissed Carl on the head and walked away. It was something she picked up after the prison fell, she wanted to know he was loved.

We spent the day at the pond Enid joined us for lunch then went on her way to finish work. The place has come a long way since we got here, there was now a walkway the whole way around the wall, everyone carried a gun and knife and they all knew how to find their way back if they got lost in the woods or at least to one of the designated markers we had in place that would get checked daily if someone went out and didn't come back by dusk, they still had a long way to go but this was a good start.

The town pretty much avoided Jessie except for her sons and two friends who gave me the evil eye every time I passed. "I want spaghetti" I mumbled my stomach grumbling in agreement "with beans?" Carl always found it amusing when I combined the two "don't knock it before you try it kid" our laughing and bonding moment came to an abrupt halt by screaming to our left, there was a small herd of walkers, how did they even get in "Judith!" I tried to run back to the house but Carl pulled my arm and led us into the closest house we were right in the middle of the swarm.

Carl barred us in the master bedroom, "shit" Carl looked confused "my water broke" I was stressed and I was not having this happen again "But, you-your not even due" I started digging threw the bag "it's the stress" I pulled out some things, it was an extra gun and a flair gun "mom you need to lie down" carl took the bag From my hand and sat me on the bed, I shook my head and breathed through the contractions "no, nuh uh not happening, not like this, not again"

Carl looked like he was going to panic "you can't, mom you have too" his voice went up slightly as he panicked, we both looked to the door as the walkers banged on it " okay...okay listen to me Carl, you're going to have to deliver the baby" he was freaking out and so was I but I couldn't do it myself this time, I was to big "I can't, what if-"

"You can and you have to, you were taught how and I'm right here to help you, it's going to be fine" I cupped his face so he'd focus on me "What if you" I softly smiled at him "then you will do what you have to, to keep you and the baby safe" he nodded and helped me set up "maybe the herd will pass before the baby comes?'' That was wishful thinking, with our luck in this world we might be stuck in this house for a few days "Carl moved the dresser in front of the door '' several more bangs filled the room. "Shit," the both of us said at the same time and Carl hurried to do as he was told while I pulled my pants off.

I didn't know how long it had been but I felt like I had to push so I did the best I could to check and it felt like it was time "Carl it's time" we got situated on the bed, now normally this would have been very awkward but we didn't have time for that. "When the head comes out it's going to be facing down, you're going to have to gently turn the baby just like doc showed you" he looked up at me and I had to hide my panic to make him feel better. "You're also going to need to put your fingers in and feel the neck for the cord, if it's wrapped around the neck you're going to have to cut it" he nodded, it was clear he was scared and he had every right to be. "I've got the head!" Carl said a little too loud and it caused the walkers to bang on the door. "Ok check for the cord"

"Necks clear" I just nodded and pushed again on the next contraction "good, now get ready, as soon as the shoulders are out, the rest will slide out" it only took a couple more pushes before the baby was out. "It's a boy," he smiled, handing me the baby. I put my mouth over his nose and sucked the gunk out. We have a whole ass pack of things and we forget that sucking thing. "get the clamps on with 2 inches between then cut between the clamps" Carl did as told and handed me a cloth to clean the crying baby's face. "he looks like Daryl" he booped the baby on the nose. The sweet moment was cut off by another sharp pain in my stomach causing me to grunt "what's happening?" Carl rushed back down to the end of the bed "there's another one, how-how can there be another one?" we were both freaking out. "Carl, breathe, you're going to have to do the same thing over again" he nodded and this one was faster than the first.

Carl had the twins in his arms while I shoved my pants back on. "I think most of them are gone, I'll go out distract-" Carl cut me off "no, I'll go your weak, won't be able to run far" i pulled a few things from the bag and put them in carl's pockets "And I can't escape with two babies in my arms'' silence fell over us, and we studied each other's faces, this could be the last time we see each other "we can use a different distraction, throw something in the next room close the door" it was a good plan and I just figured out what we were going to use "turn around" he was confused but he did as told.

Once I threw the placenta into the other room the four walkers followed in "still the most disgusting I've ever touched" I heard Carl giggle behind the closed door, after shutting the door and making sure the halfway was clear I let Carl come out. "The suns coming up" sure enough light pink and orange and a tinge of purple colored the sky "let's go" we went out the back door seeing that the living room had a few walkers in it. Carl trailed behind while I took the lead with his gun in hand.

Just as I went to look around the corner something did the same thing at the same time causing me to jump back and aim the gun "Jesus Michonne, scared the shit out of me" relief filled her face when she saw us, and a smile broke out when she heard the twins cooing in Carl's arms, I'm surprised they stayed quiet this long "there at the gate, was gonna send out a search party for you" she walked over to them and smiled.