67

Three months, that's how long it's been since Daryl's been home and both of them giving me the cold shoulder, I leaned on the counter as I watched them eat the breakfast I made them, it was just eggs, and some buns one of the girls made with some flour carol found on a run last week, Beth and Carl watched over the kids, Carl's been speaking to me but it was clear he could feel the tension between the three of us "can one of you talk to me? Yell at me or something, just...just stop ignoring me. Please" it sounded like I was begging them and at this point I probably should be.

I fucked up by keeping things from Rick and Rick told Daryl when he got back to Alexandria, I was in the kingdom for a week getting Ezekiel to agree to help us it took a lot of convincing, apparently Negan'sbeen good to his people as long as he paid their due. The clacking of the utensils on the ceramic plates was driving me insane they shared a few looks talking with their eyes, something I was always jealous about, they picked that up quickly after meeting for the first time back in Atlanta.

My thumbnail was nibbled raw from cheering it, my heart hammered in my chest waiting for them to say something, or even look at me. Something was happening I could feel it, my wrists were itchy on my soul marks, that's never happened before and I didn't know what it meant but it couldn't be good "I'm sorry"

I broke the silence, I apologized several times over the last few months "I'm sorry for lying, and not telling you the truth, I'm sorry for snapping and leaving when I should have been here for when Dar got home" Rick put the fork down, his plate was empty besides a few smears of raw egg yolk, Darlys plate was bigger, apparently he was only given dog food sandwiches while Negan had him, I don't know what happened to him, he won't tell me and the only reason I know about the sandwiches was Michonne, but with how Negan beat me in the RV it's not hard to put the pieces together.

Daryl took a long sip of his glass of water while Rick looked at him, I was scared. I've already slept on the sofa for 3 months, what if they reject me and take the kids? Or if they kick me out of Alexandria too "We're gonna talk, staring with you" For the first time, Rick's gravelly voice was directed at me, it made me melt but I knew this wasn't the time nor the place for it. They both looked at me and if I thought I was scared before I was sure as hell scared now, the way they were looking at me made my heart seize up. and the three of us just looked at each other while I worked up the nerve to tell them the truth, about everything.

this conversation that either repaired us or I lost it all.