25

Rick's pov

I was on watch when I heard a gunshot from inside the prison, by the time I got there Daryl and Carol had most of the walkers down "what happened" Daryl shook his head "Rick, come look at this" Maggie called from upstairs

It was Patrick, poor kid Daryl put him down "Maggie get your father tell him to put something over his face, whatever this is it spread fast" after checking that the walkers were actually put down we made our way outside "dad!" Carl came running towards us "stay back" he skidded to a stop "what happened"

"We don't know but I and Daryl could be infected, take the kids into the offices and keep them safe, you're in charge" he nodded and went to wrangle up the kids "it looks like pig flu" Hershel came down the steps "all the infected need to be isolated so it won't spread"

The council was in the library "Can we cure it?" Maggie asked as Hershel looked over a map Hershel took a few moments before answering "fort valley state university, it's a veterinary school" the council nodded and we put together a plan of who would go "Daryl, bob, and ty will go I have to stay" they nodded "go where"

"Michonne" I smiled at her, my family has gotten quite close to her after she brought the formula back "there's a case of the pig flu going around they are going to a school to get some meds" Herschel filled her in she nodded "I'll go too"

"Rick!" Ty came barreling in "what happened" he was pissed, "someone killed Karen, and BURNT HER" we followed him out to the back to see two bodies still smoking. It all happened in a blur, one minute I'm trying to calm him down, and the next he was on the ground, and I'm in Daryl's arms "Rick, that's enough" he dragged me thru the prison leaving Carol to pick Ty up.

y/n pov

The herd got bigger. I looked down at the scope on my gun, something looked off about these walkers, they had blood coming out of their ears, eyes, nose, and mouth. Almost like something other than a bite killed them. "I'll have to warn the others about that" I searched a few more rooms taking out a few walkers "I just might have to cover myself in walker's guts to get out of here" all four sides were surrounded.

Daryl's pov

We pulled up a fair bit away from the school and a herd was blocking our path "go around? Threw the woods?" Michonne suggested Ty was still pissed about earlier. "Be quiet" that was aimed at Bob and Ty.

We barely got into the building "everyone good?" Michonne asked we all nodded, I led the group with Michonne leading up the rear. We found a classroom "looks like it's been raided" Ty commented "doesn't matter grab anything that ends with cillin, ibuprofen things like that" Bob told us and we all got to work loading our bags.

A thump outside the door made everyone freeze "walker?" Michonne whispered I aimed my bow at the door, the knob turned, "someone's there" I whispered back. In a flash, the door opened fully y/n stood there, gun raised one hand on her bleeding leg. Michonne was the first to react pulling her in and closing the door "what happened"

"Got cornered, the glass broke, I fell on it" bob got to working on her leg, "you think I can save 'em'' i looked at bob "Your leg should be fine" bob told her "She meant the pants'' I pointed at them, and we all looked at her "the pockets!" I shook my head smiling at her "let's finish up while he works' 'I kissed y/n's forehead and went back to stuffing my bag.

"Ready?" Ty asked, Michonne helped y/n up "you good on your own" machine let her go but still kept her arm out to catch y/n if she fell "For now, I'll let you know if it gets too bad" she nodded "we need to go that way" y/n pointed to the woods, from here I could see the faint dot from the orange spray paint she left to mark her trail "the cars in the opposite direction" ty pointed out "I have a car fully loaded, food, medical supplies, clothes, feminine products everything we need"

We all looked at her, no one wanted to speak, it was lost cause it would be an hour or two walk from here "fine I'll go myself" she walked out the door "y/n!" I whisper-yelled trying to get her to stop "we can come back for it" i gently grabbed her arm, the walkers from the stairwell were banging on the door and the barricade we had over it was starting to budge "No, someone might get it" she argued back

"Someone might already have, it's a lost cause" Michonne argued taking out a walker "then we raid the houses and fill another car, that place is a gold mine I'm not leaving it" I signed "what's in that car that's so important" she didn't answer "we have to go" we turned to bob to see a small herd coming after us we couldn't take it, the hallway was too small but especially not with y/n injured.