40

y/n pov

This month has been a long one, I've been showing Rick and Daryl a lot more PDA than I normally would. But this woman ticked me off telling me to pick one. Rick's been loving it, Daryl on the other hand, took a little longer to get used to it. "Hey mom" Carl joined me in the small garden by the lake "hey kid, talk to her yet?"

Turns out Carl found his soulmate here, Enid. I haven't met her but I've seen her around. "No" I rolled my eyes at him and handed him a spade "you're going to have to do it eventually, sooner the better" he just nodded playing in the dirt

"Carl, just go up to her when she's alone and introduce yourself, if you avoid her she might think you're going to reject her" I pointed the freshly picked carrot at him "I know" we spent the rest of the morning gardening. Truthfully I was avoiding Michonne, I know she's been looking for me.

Rick and Daryl have been on edge all day too, I'm just scared of what it's going to say. "y/n" Michonne was standing at the bottom of the stairs of the pantry house "good luck" Carl called out running off, we all knew to avoid Michonne when she's mad "it's time, stop putting it off."

"Can I not pee alone?" she eyed me before leaving the bathroom "make sure you hit the stick" she closed the door giving me privacy "I've peed on a stick before y'know!" I yelled back at her. Once I was done I opened the door for her "I peed on it" she hummed and joined me on the floor.

"What do you want it to say?" I just leaned my head on her shoulder "I don't know, I'd love to expand the family but at the same time I'm going to be relieved if it's negative" she wrapped her arm around my shoulder and gave me a hug "does that make me a bad mom?"

"No, it makes you smart, you know the danger and you're scared to bring it into this world" we sat on the floor longer than the three minutes, I wasn't ready to see what it said.

Rick's pov

"I don't think it will work" Daryl was eyeing the people as they walked past "don't trust us yet" I nodded, not long after her interview y/n came to us saying she wanted to take over the place and teach them to survive.

"Then we earn it, she's got a point, those walls could come down any day and none of these people will survive" we needed time alone, to let off steam to just relax for a second. But we can't, not in this place not while Dianna is running it "I ain't no people person, that's on you" I gave Daryl a hard stare before sighing and pinching the bridge of my nose "like that's going to happen" the both of us jumped hearing Carl "you heard what mom said Dianna asked, no one's going to listen to the three of you"

"We might be able to help with that" Ford and Espinosa joined the conversation, "she told everyone 'er plan?" Daryl seemed pissed, "didn't need to, we can talk to each other without speaking, been around her long enough" I know Ford didn't mean anything by what he said but a ping of jealousy rang through my heart, we've been married how long and I still can't do that.

"Alright, let's get started on it then" Espinosa smiled.

y/n pov

I just stared at it, I didn't know what else to do, it was positive. I heard Michonne leave but I couldn't take my eyes away from the test. What kind of story is bullshit? I groaned knowing I'd have to tell the other two, and that meant no more hunting or going out the walls by myself.

This does give me an advantage, once Dianna finds out she won't kick us out, I don't think her god would forgive her for that. "8 months, that's all I have to kick her off her seat and run this place like it should be" I walked out of the house mumbling to myself, the boys said they'd be out and about today so I'd have to hunt them down. Well, that was fast looking down the street to the pond they were huddled in a group with some of the others.

I took the long way around making sure not to be seen. I could hear them whispering from behind the tree. This is stupid what if one of them shoots you? I shrugged knowing I'd have to duck the second I jumped out. "You sure this'll work?" Daryl asked. They went quiet for a second, I took that chance to jump out from behind the tree and yell "BOO"

bang