14

Rick pov

I was getting worried they should have been back by now it was getting dark "there fine" Maggie told us handing Daryl a bottle for Judith "we cleared out the last place so they probably had to go further out, its safer to stay put at night" her hand slid off my shoulder and walked outside "let's get some air" Daryl suggested, I knew he was worried "she'll be fine, from what ya told me bout 'er she's a tough one" I just nodded

"DAD'' Carl yelled and me and Daryl turned our attention to him, a black woman with dreadlocks limped towards the gate she carried a basket full of formula, she took the walkers down with her sword, Daryl passed Judith to Carol and ran down beside me Carl opened the gate "Carl!" I chastised him and helped take out the walkers while Daryl pulled her in. We dragged her into the cell block, and tossed her down on the floor "who are you" she didn't answer so I pressed on her wound she pulled out of my reach "don't touch me" I scooted closer in my crouched state "why do you have the formula" this time she looked me up and down before answering "an Asian boy and a pretty girl" she started "saw them at the store talking about a prison than a man took them"

Not only was I angry but I was scared, I was more scared than I was when I dropped y/n off at the base for her deployments  "where did they go'' I don't know why I asked that, she was here and not tailing them "Woodbury probably, the man Martinez, he's an ass" my brows furrowed and Daryl took a step closer "wood bury?" she nodded "run by a man, calls himself the governor" she was calm and steady with her answer. I tiled my head and raised my eyebrows wanting more "were you there" she nodded "few days'' this woman's stones was getting on my nerves  "Why did you leave" she turned to Beth holding a crying Judith "place didn't seem right" Beth quickly got a bottle and left into her cell "y'know how to get there" Daryl beat me to it, and she nodded "our man Hershel, he'll look at that then you're going to bring us there". I put her in one of the two cages on either side of the steps and locked it, putting her sword on the table in the small common area just to taunt her. Pressing her buttons might not have been a good idea but I didn't care, I needed y/n back in our arms and safe.

"She's ok" Daryl sat beside me, the man is fucking silent "I hope so" we sat in silence for what seemed like hours but was probably a few seconds "you need to bond with her" he grunted. I saw the way he looked at her, he was scared to trust her, and let her in. "it's not fair if you just let me in" he ran his hand threw his hair. God I wish it was my hand threw his hair, hell I wanted nothing more than to wither underneath him-not now, Rick "When she comes back I'll take her hunting" I laughed a little "she'd be the one getting the most, when she wasn't deployed or home with us she was out in the woods. I remember her telling me when she was pregnant with belle, all she craved was barbequed squirrel" he looked at me sadly, we never really told him the full story, just what y/n said at the stone structures "you would have liked her, stubborn and loved to be outside" I met her on occasion, hell I even treated her as if she was mine, I would have taken her in a heartbeat if her father hadn't taken her with him " 'I'm sorry" I looked at him confused "about what" he rubbed his jaw and all I wanted to do was nibble on it "What happened to belle" he probably remembered Sophia "in a way, I'm glad she didn't have to grow up in this world but she shouldn't have had to leave that way" he nodded, "daddy said she'd be ready to go in a few hours" Maggie looked guilty, almost as if it was her fault our y/n was taken. Both me and Daryl got up at the same time.

Me, Daryl, Merle, Michonne, and Maggie left the prison. It was dark by the time we got to the wall. I told them the plan on the way here and we set off, me Daryl and Maggie made our way to the tombs, Merle and Michonne would cause the distraction. We checked every door we could, taking out a few of his men. We finally made it to the door at the end of the halfway, it had dried bloody footprints leaving the room, more than one person by the looks of it. This was the only one that had them, which scared me since we haven't found them yet.

Me and Daryl had our weapons raised while Maggie covered our backs, in one swift kick Daryl had the door flung open. In the back corner were two shadows, one sitting up and the other laying down "Rick?" the voice was horse and shaky "Glenn" Maggie whisper yelled "I'm sorry I...I couldn't protect her" I knelt down to see y/n, she was very pail, she was breathing at least, it was slow but she was breathing, I wasn't going to let her die here if she was going to leave us it would be in her own bed surrounded by her family.

I gently picked her up, she didn't even wince, she was wearing Glenn's shirt, the shackles still on her wrists, and the amount of blood that already soaked through the shirt was concerning "we gotta go" Daryl snapped me out of the small trance. I gave Glenn my gun, he already had a knife and wondered where he got that from.

All hell was loose, people were dying left right and Centre walkers got in somehow. We managed to make it behind one of the buildings where we met Merle "where's the samurai" I asked him, I didn't like him yet but he was family now "ran off" that didn't sit right with me "Rick, we gotta get 'er to Hershel" I nodded and Merle led the way with me in the middle. Maggie was the first up the bus, we were going to need both her and merle up there to bring y/n up. But just as he got up a bullet hit him. "Merle!" Daryl didn't care about being quiet anymore.

"Pass 'er up" he looked to be in pain, Daryl went up to help them and Michonne came out of nowhere "where the hell were you" I hissed "taking care of something" she hissed back and helped me hold y/n up to the others y/n let out a small whimper of pain as the three grabbed her. She's alive. I kept telling myself she's in pain but at least she's alive.