26

y/n pov

We just barely made it out the window and onto the covered walkway, bob over shot and fell, his bag dangling over the edge with the walkers grabbing it "let it go'' Daryl was holding bob back who wouldn't let his bag go "I need it" he argued back "Daryl!" he looked around to see more of the herd come closer. Daryl pulled bob up and smacked the bag out of his hands, we all stared at the bottle of wine "did you get anything we needed" Ty was just as angry "no time, we have to go" I semi-yelled

We slowly trekked through the woods following my markers ''orange spray paint huh?" Bob tried to make conversation "needed to find my way back, besides. It's my way of telling them what way I went" Michonne helped me walk, and that left the boys to protect us. I could use my handgun if needed but that was the last resort. The rest of the walk was in silence, listening, waiting for something to jump out.

The town was clear of walkers, "that's it" I pointed to the green car a few houses down. "We can't all fit in here" Ty and Daryl went off to find a car while I sat in the passenger seat with my bag on my lap "take this" Michonne gave me some Tylenol and water "thanks" the boys pulled up in a black truck, Ty looked pleased with their find.

"Let's go" Daryl hopped in the car with me and Michonne drove the other, "what happened, why are you guys out" he placed his hand on my leg and gently rubbed his thumb over the bandage "pig flu, lost some da Woodbury's people, half of us 're sick"

"The kids" I started to panic "safe, in the offices" I nodded "guess I got lucky and missed it" he nodded "you would 've been the first in 're, probably would of gotten it" I just leaned my head against the window watching the trees blur past, the soothing sound of the car lulled me to sleep

"What happened" I was still groggy but the voices were clear as day. "She's fine, just some glass" we were back, I slept longer than I thought "you found her?" Rick asked "she found us, in the school,"

"What was she doing there, that's-" rick sounded angry and panicked "50 miles out" I answered sleepy "let's get you to bed" Daryl helped me up "go to our room-" I cut Rick off "can't, I've been exposed to Daryl and the others, they could be careers" he nodded "fine but your not going into quarantine" I gave him a moc salute "yes sir"

I was helping out in the garden when I saw Hershel and Carl sneak out. Carl's a smart kid and knows what he's doing half the time so they would be safe "hey" Rick knelt down to join me "everything ok?'

"As good as it can get with our people dying" I carried on tending to the garden "this reminds me of when we tried to build that greenhouse in the backyard" that brought a smile to my face "that was a total failure but was still the best day ever" we fell into a comfortable silence.

"What happened to Carol," I noticed she wasn't there when we came back and she would have gotten started on supper by now. "She's gone, she was the one who killed them and burnt the bodies" I was blindsided, Carol did that, I knew she started to lose herself after Sophia but I would have never thought in a million years that she would murder someone for being sick.

"How far did you drop her off? Do you think she will come back?" if she would kill them what was stopping her from coming back and killing me "she knows not to" I nodded and he carried up the basket of veggies "and the governor?"

"Michonne's still out looking for him" I wanted to be the one that killed him but I didn't want to say that out loud, he got upset when I killed that kid back at the farm "are you still mad about the farm?"

The crowd of people congregated around us to get the food Maggie and Glenn made "no, not anymore" I just nodded and brought a pot of food to leave by the door for the kids "hey mom" Carl was wearing a smile but I could see how worried he was "the three of us are fine, no fever, how are the kids?"

"Good" i looked him over for any scratched but staying back "Where did you and Hershel go?" he blushed and scratched the back of his head "You saw" I nodded "I see everything kid" he snorted "Elderberries, Hershel made them into tea"

"That's good, did you drink some? It's good for you not just to help you get better" he picked up the pot "Ya, I made the kids drink some too." I gave him a warm smile and watched him walk into the building, only once I no longer saw his back did I leave, I couldn't hug my kids, not for a long while.