28

I went to check on the kids, Carl kept everything in order and running smoothly "I still can't get used to it" the both of us sat on the roof of cell block c "what" the forest was silent, way too silent "your eye, I'm not used to seeing you with it, was it hard getting used to it?"

"The secret unit trains you for pretty much everything" I pat Carl on the shoulder "Even missing an eye?" I chuckled at that "Well no but they did make us do some missions with an eye patch, Ford and Espinosa kept bumping into me, the only time I've seen them useless" the both of us relished in this moment of peace, we didn't get that much anymore.

The sky is clear, the sun warm. It was just like any normal summer day besides the moans from the walkers outside the gates. The birds were quiet. It was unsettling but it wouldn't be the first time the trees were dead quiet so I didn't think anything of it, I probably should have.

We ended up sitting up there for a minute just watching and enjoying each other's company. "Time to get off our asses" the second we stepped off the ladder a loud bang had us running to the gate, "what's going on," Carl asked Beth, Daryl handed me a sniper, I had it positioned and ready to fire before she answered him "the governor, he's got daddy and Michonne" Maggie answered.

"Carl gets the kids on the bus, leaves them with one of the adults then back at my side or dad with Judith," his quick footsteps told me he understood me. "What do you think he wants" Beth's little voice filled the silence "the prison, and he's going to kill them if he doesn't get it"

"How do you know that," Maggie asked "That's what I would do" ignoring her look I focused back at Rick, "This is bad marshmallow" Ford's irritating voice rang threw my ears "he's going to kill, he's got that look in his eyes, he's too far gone" Espinosa, when did I start hallucinating again

"NOOO!" Maggie and Beth's cries filled the space, the governor had swung at Hershel, but he didn't swing hard enough, it only went halfway through, and it took another swing for his head to come off completely.

I took a few steps back "get to the bus!" I yelled at them, I had to find Carl and Judith, and hopefully, he'd be in the offices with Judith "Carl!" the offices were empty, an explosion shook the building "fuck" walkers blocked off the way out. The only choice I had was to go further into the prison, that was until I made a wrong turn and hit a dead end, and came face to face with a few walkers.

Rick's pov

We ran up the courtyard, Carl was running around shooting walkers and people "where's your mother" he shook his head, "I can't find Judith" his voice shook, his eyes watering "maybe she's with your mother, we have to go" I pulled him threw the inner courtyard, taking down the walkers and occasional person as we went "where's dad?"

I didn't know, last I saw him he was with Beth and Merle. "I...I don't know" we stopped in front of a bloody car seatJudith's bloody car seat "nonononono" Carl mumbled "we have to go" my voice cracked. I had to drag him away and out of the prison.