46

3rd pov

Rick and Daryl were arguing with the others, they wanted to go out and find her but everyone tried to reason with them and put a plan together first, Maggie was facing the dead town behind them. she saw three figures walk out from behind a house at first she thought they were walkers and they had time before they got to them but as they got closer Maggie saw Michonne helping y/n walk Carl was to the side of his mother holding something in his hands "Daryl, Rick" they stopped arguing for a second to see the look on her face before turning around and seeing the three of them.

The two quickly made their way to y/n, Carl was covered in blood and other things but what had their attention were the two bundles in his hands "twins" Carl beamed up at them. The two men smiled Daryl was beaming at his kids, they could tell they were his just by looking at them.

y/n pov

"who's older?" Rick jested, like we paid attention to that at the time my thoughts were cut short by Carl "the one with the yellow clip is older" Carl seemed proud of himself for that one "I've got names'' Rick and Daryl had one twin each the both of them looked at me "the oldest, Merle and the youngest Theo, for T-dog" tears started to roll down Daryls cheeks when I said Merle's name.

I truly hoped the man was alive. Daryl needed him, I needed him. He was the brother I never had. "Perfect" Rick cleared his throat but the emotion in his voice was still there "sorry to break up the party, but major here needs to see the doc" I was still leaning on Michonne for support. I was uncomfortable and the blood soaked into my pants wasn't making it any better.

The boys and Carl were outside looking at the wall to see where the walkers got in, they didn't want to leave but Michonne and Sasha told them they would protect the twins with their lives if it came to it, normally I'd say they were being dramatic, but not in this world, not anymore. We heard some shouting from outside, which wasn't surprising, it was a high-stress situation out there. It was only after the gunshot went off that I started to panic "Michonne!" I couldn't move the doc arm deep making sure everything came out.

Carl pov

I walked the streets making sure those who were infected were put down. I knelt by a woman with blond hair, her arm missing. I didn't recognize her but that didn't mean she should turn into one of these things. "I'm sorry" I quickly whispered before putting my knife into her head "NOO!"

Ron had his gun trained on me slowly I stood with my hands raised "Ron, calm down" he had tears streaming down his face "that's my mom" was I thought "you killed her!" he got closer, and I tried to take a step back but his finger moved to the trigger, he wasn't the best with the thing. He was dangerous. "She was already gone, she would have turned" the gun wavered slightly "you" Daryl tackled Ron to the ground.

Bang

I turned to look behind me, the sound of his cowboy boots on the pavement gave him away "dad?"

y/n pov

Rick came in with Carl in his arms, and he was shot in the eye, Doc was done with me the second Michonne stepped out the door now all her focus was on my son "Carl" Sasha put the twins down making sure they were safe before jumping in to help doc, she was the only one in the room with a clear mind, or she was just good at pushing it down tears streamed down her face as she worked.

As soon as I backed into his chest his arms wrapped around my waist Rick's stubble was rough on my shoulder, he had buried his face into my neck. Daryl joined us holding the both of us close. I watched sandwiched between them as Michonne joined him listening to every command doc sing out. I couldn't lose him, not now, not after everything.