55

y/n pov

Having newborn twins and a toddler was more exhausting than I realized when they said it took a village to raise a kid they weren't joking, I don't know what I would have done if Beth, Michonne, and Sasha didn't help me out, Carol took Judith occasionally but she was doing the "under the radar" work, getting close to Alexandria's people so we knew what they were thinking, they still didn't trust us and I don't blame them. I went right into the kitchen to get the kids started on breakfast, Judith was getting better at using her fork and I was feeding the twins formula, just like my other two pregnancies I didn't produce enough for them, Glenn and Maggie found a daycare untouched and brought back and the powdered formula they found.

"We should get some cows' ' Michonne munched on an apple "Cows? We have no room, we'd have to expand first '' She nodded and fed Theo, she held him in one arm and held the bottle in place with her chin while she bit her apple. "We could go on the west side, it's clear for twenty feet then we got woods, we could clear it and use the wood for the houses'' I nodded agreeing with her "Bring it up at the council meeting tomorrow night" the rest of the hour went by silently, we fed and changed the kids and got them over to Tara's house, she wanted to take them for the day and I wasn't going to say no, the kids loved Tara.

Carl had taken the night shift with Enid, he wanted out of the infirmary, but the second the sun peeked over the horizon he went back inside, he was having a hard time losing an eye. Enid had told me that Rick and Daryl radioed in and said they were on their way back, they weren't far out of the walkie-talkies worked so they would be here soon. I walked around Alexandria making sure everyone was doing their job.

Doc still had me on rest after the twins so I was 'taking it easy' Well my version of taking it easy anyway, if it was up to my boys I'd be on bed rest and not running through the woods for two days looking for my kid. I handed Sasha a cup of coffee and sat beside her up on the catwalk "Anything?" she shook her head no, the walkers seem to be getting scarce now, were not sure if they ran out of people to eat or if the cold was making them migrate like birds

"Haven't seen one in the last-" she checked her watch "20 hours" I nodded "That's either good or bad she nodded in agreement "You think they're getting in herds or something" I sipped my coffee "Could be, their brain only knows one thing — eat, I wouldn't be surprised if there evolving and having the same instincts as pack animals" Sasha shuttered "that wouldn't be good"

Two cars and three military Humvees pulled up. "That's too many cars for the amount they took" I sat my coffee down and Sasha raised her gun. I walked out and opened the gate with Abe and Rosita at my sides, their guns raised. Rick walked out of the first car and walked up to us "Calm down, their friends" I cocked a brow "No one's friends these days, who is it" Rick didn't have time to answer, General Smith walked up

"You're still alive, old man?" I joked, happy to see the familiar face "Holy shit" Abe commented "Nice to see your ugly ass face" Abe added, I and Rosita smiled. "I'd say the same to you major but I know nothing can kill you Grimes'' I holstered my gun and gave him a hug while Abe and Rosita gave the general a fist bump each "the rest of the crew?" Abe asked I was hopeful but then again I wouldn't be surprised if they were dead "Most died only got 4 left" We let them in and got them settled and introduced them to the Atlanta group, what's left of it anyway, Rick went off to see if he could talk to Carl. Abe, and Rosita went off to catch up with our old unit members.

"Hey" I walked up to Daryl "there's someone for you at the house" Daryl looked at me oddly but nodded and went off. "Let's go hunting' tomorrow'' I nodded "I found a deer trail when I was out looking for Beth'' Daryl's face lit up "You found Beth?" I smiled "She ran into some guys, they didn't have good intentions, she hasn't talked about it so don't push her '' Daryl nodded understanding what I was saying without actually saying it. I walked off to Carol's after giving Daryl a kiss and he walked off to the house

"Wanna talk about it" I leaned on Carol's counter as Beth baked some bread. I sipped another coffee. I haven't been sleeping lately. "No," she said quietly, I just nodded taking a moment to think of how to approach the topic so shed open up you told Dar not to push it so why are you I thought to myself but I did anyway, "it's ok you know, no ones going to look at you differently, men are pigs everyone knows that" Beth cracked a small smile "Rick and Daryl?" I rolled my eyes "Have you seen them eat? Like animals" I joked and actually managed to get a small giggle from her.

I watched her with a smile as she divided the bread dough into three balls before putting the balls into a bread pan, she repeated that until she had a total of 9 loaves, she then covered them with a towel and heavy quilt and put them in front of a window so the sun could hit them "you'll have to teach me how to make bread, it's a good skill" Beth smiled, it didn't reach her eyes but at least she smiled "I could ask Rick and Daryl to fix up the old sweet shack down to the road and you could have a small bakery if you wanted" did we need a bakery? No, but if it meant helping Beth get better then she'd have one, besides we need some form of the old world so we don't go crazy.