Ch.1 This is not the End

1st Pov

It's quiet here in the VOID, peaceful even. I find its touch comforting. I know it should be painful, but I became numb to pain long ago. It lets me know I'm still alive. It's a welcome distraction from the fact my multiverse has been destroyed.

You heard right, my multiverse is destroyed. How did this happen, you may ask. Was it the Error dieing? Ink creating to much? Maybe Bill Sans managed to release Wierdmageddon. Or perhaps Nightmare took over the multiverse? Well it was all of the above. Ya, the multiverse didn't stand a chance. So how could that have happened, I hear you thinking. The star sanses should have been fighting back you would say. That would be the case, if the star sanses ever formed. Or at least, in time. What do I mean, you ask. I will tell you.

It started with two young siblings Dream and Nightmare. Created to be Guardians of the Tree of Feelings. Spirits of positivity and negativity respectively. They loved each other deeply and would do practically anything for the other. What was so different about these versions of them for thing to go so wrong you ask? Simple, I was reincarnated as Dream. So now, let me explain how it all fell apart.

_________________________

3rd Pov

It was a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing. Flowers were blooming. On days like these, kids like us, should be having fun. But instead, young Dream is getting beat within an inch of their life. Being semi-immortal kinda sucks. "Useless guardian", "Can't even protect himself", "Only good for his magic and positivity". These were the kinds of words being told to the little guardian. But, our young Dream didn't care. If she was getting beat up, then her brother was being left alone.

You heard right, she. She went by she/her or they/them pronouns, but identified as bi-gender. She wasn't your common run of the mill Dream Sans. She was a human reborn as a Dream Sans. In her last life our young Dream was once a young person named Aster Concord from America. She had a family, but no friends. She liked to describe herself as an introvert with extroverted tendencies as a joke. She enjoyed drawing, knitting, baking, and cooking. She loved undertale, Harry Potter, and Marvel. Loved cute things and collecting plushies.

She was always trying to be positive, but suffered from depression. She wanted to be a good person, but felt she wasn't. She suffered from schizophrenia and autistic spectrum disorder and made mistakes in her life due to this. But, she always wanted to be better. Tried to be KIND. Remain PATIENT with others. Be on the side of freedom and JUSTICE. And she was DETERMINED to do so. And she was, until she died.

She was 25 when the nukes went off. It was the beginning and the end of World War III. The world had already been on a decline. Global Warming, a global pandemic, stock market crashing, homelessness, and women had lost their rights in the US. The bombs had been the final straw. The people taken out directly by the bombs were the lucky ones. Everyone else, who didn't go into bomb shelters, died from the fallout within two weeks. A slow and agonizing death. Many committed suicide just to end their suffering. She watched as her family died one by one. Her grandmother, little brother, her mother, and lastly her father. She held out the longest in her family. A week and five days before dieing in her sleep from radiation poisoning, in her bed holding her corrupted nightmare plushy.

When she woke up again she was confused. There was no flash of light, no in-between, talking to a god or deity. One minute she fell asleep in pain. The next, she was a skeleton....... Dream Sans to be more specific. The struggle was real. She loved Undertale, don't get her wrong, but Dreamtale was not a place you would want to get reborn in. What with the the manipulative villagers, Nightmare's corruption, the wiping out of all inhabitants of the AU, and getting stuck as a statue for a thousand years. Even so, she quickly decided she wouldn't let the villagers bully her new brother. That she may or may not have a crush on...... hopefully she would get over it (I didn't).

Anyways, in the beginning things were fine she played with Nightmare, made flower crowns, and tried practicing magic. Emphasis on tried. They were really young. Like there bodies couldn't have been physically older than a six year olds. Like seriously Nim you couldn't have made us a bit older. I get you were dieing. But seriously, having literal children guard a tree that literally controls the balance of emotions in the multiverse seems a bit irresponsible. Even so she made sure they trained. Eventually she and Nightmare managed to learn healing magic, teleporting, checking, how to use their inventory, dream walking, and controlling their empathic abilities.

The two siblings were as thick as thieves. They literally did everything together. From napping to tree climbing. Dream didn't tell Nightmare about her past life, but she did explain to him she felt she was both a girl and a boy. Nightmare was very accepting about calling her his sister and the two cuddled all night watching the stars. Dream didn't want Nightmare to be corrupted. She wasn't sure if he would be just be possessed, be himself if more negative, or if he would die. So she made him promise to always talk to and protect each other. He promised.

After about 2 years the villagers showed up. Now you have to remember, our Dream wasn't the oblivious Dream we all know. She described herself as cautiously optimistic, this was due to being ghosted or used by people in her last life. She still wanted to try to make friends with them. Even so she didn't tell them her gender or anything personal about herself or Nightmare. Nightmare was more introverted than her so he stayed by the tree. Dream didn't like leaving the tree, but she would heal people for gold so she can buy supplies and books for Nightmare. But the first time she came back to the tree to see her brother hurt, she was angry. She tried to get Nightmare to tell her what happened, but he said he just fell out of the tree. She knew better though, so she confronted the villagers.