Ch.21 The Chains That Hold Us

I cracked my eyesockets open to dim light. I felt I was being suspended. I went to move to hear rattling and felt something holding onto my neck and limbs in place. I turned my head to see that my mostly corrupted arms were chained above me. I go to look down and realize my neck also was. I try to move my legs and know it's the same. I tried using magic, but the restraints shock me. I stop. I look around. I seem to be in a dirty cell full of dust and mysterious stains. I don't think about what they could be. I don't remember what happened after I was pulled into the shadows, but it looks like I'm being held prisoner. I'm wasn't sure how long I'd blacked out, but hopefully it hasn't been too long. I knew I'm wasn't in my fully corrupted form despite all the negativity, so not too much couldn't have past. I was probably in the heart of Nightmare's territory with how high it was.

  I didn't know what was going to happen to me exactly, but I'd probably be tortured until I agree to join Nightmare as his *shiver* queen. Yaaa, no. I wouldn't agree to that. Having a crush on my Nightmare or a fictional villain is one thing, but on an real and truly evil being that's bent on the destruction of the multiverse is another. There's a difference between fiction and reality.

  *Sigh* Corruption will probably want to see me when they realize I'm awake. So, I'll just have to wait. I just stay there hanging for a few minutes, feeling the comfort of familiar magic in my bracelet and cape. They would come for me eventually. I just need to hold on. I rest my head into my hood more. I'm glad they didn't search me for trackers or take my cape. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have them. The cape has been with me for so long. It's hard to believe it held together so long despite being just regular fabric. Wait. It's just regular fabric! Geno said magic disappears after the death of the being if it isn't infused in an item meant to hold magic. That means Nightmare is still alive! I slump in relief. I might still be able to save my brother. I don't know how yet, but I have to at least try. I thought about Nightmare and the time we spent together. I start to hum a bit, remembering a song I would sing with Nightmare. I start to singing it.

__________________

Speech type:
Nightmare
Catcher

Together

Come Little Children/ The Hanging Tree
Mashup By Peter Hollens and Bailey Pelkman

Come, little children,

I'll take thee away

Into a land of enchantment

Come, little children,

the time's come to play

Here in my garden of shadows.

A voice from outside my cell began to sing.

Follow, sweet children,

I show thee the way. (ooh-ooh)

Through all the pain and the sorrows. (ooh-ooh-ooh)

Weep not, poor children,

for life is this way. (ooh-ooh)

Murdering beauty and passions (ooh-ooh-ooh)

Corruption appears outside my cell.