Ch.15 Garden of Life

We made it back to the Star Counsel Headquarters. Ya, I found out that's what the building Core brought me to was. Geno told me when I asked why I only saw skeletons there. We seemed to be in another meeting room. Core was talking to Reaper and Blue, while Geno was sitting with me in his lap. The bitties were sitting and talking on a chair next to us together. I was getting use to touching people a bit more. It was just those I trusted, and on my terms. I always was a touchy-feely person, so having Haphephobia is awful for me.  Then, Blue walks over to me. "Well Young Catcher, It Looks Like This Is Where We Part Ways. It Was Wonderful Meeting You and I'll Be Seeing You In The Future. I Hope You And Your New Companions Stay Safe. Until We Meet Again." Blue told me.

  "Thank you Uncle Blue. I really appreciate what you have all done for me. Maybe we can make your friendship tacos together next time. I'm sure we will be safe with Mom and Dad." I said. Blue nodded then walked back to the others.

  "We'll make sure your safe and taken care of. No one can enter where we're going and it's already hidden in the first place." Geno told me.

  I saw Reaper floating toward us. "Alright time to go. Core will come check up on us and bring Medic in a few days for a proper psych evaluation for Catcher. Until then Geno and I are to keep a close eyelight for triggers and behavior. Try to work with us on this Catcher and talk about anything you feel comfortable with. We're here to support you. We won't rush you, so it's at your own pace." Reaper said.

  "It might take some time, but I'll do my best Dad." I told him.

  "That's all we can ask for." Geno said.

  Geno stands up with me in his arms. The three bitties climb onto him and hold tight. Reaper grabs onto Geno. "Alright everyone hold tight and don't let go. My way of travel is a bit shocking and unsettling for first timers." Reaper told us.

  "More like a lot. Never got use to it." Geno mumbled.

  Everything went dark. Distant screams and whispering could be heard. I thought I saw movement in the corner of my eyelights. Then, we were out. I shivered. That was next level creepy. "The hell was that!" Carber exclaimed. The bitties were shaking.

  "What in the multiverse was all the screams and whispering?" I asked, still shivering. Geno held me closer to comfort me.

  "Those would be the souls of the damned. My way of travel goes through the spirit realm. Though, it sounds like there are an especially high amount right now. I'll have to go reap soon." Reaper told me, as he floated next to us.

  "Ya, I don't like it either. But, as long as we hold on to Reaper they can't do anything." Geno reassured me.

  "I ThOuGhT I SaW SoMeThInG MoVe." Strings said. The bitties and I nodded in agreement.

  "They shouldn't be able to get that close. That means their restless. I'll have to take care of them as soon as we get settled. Come on." Reaper said, leading us through a path of trees and flowers.

  I take a look around as we pass. We seemed to be in a vibrant forest. The trees were luscious and full of life. The ground was full of bright green grass and a variety of colorful flowers. My favorites were the Asters and Morning Glory. We eventually come to a arch in a fence. It had different colored roses growing around it. We pass through. We are welcomed by a beautiful garden. If I had to compare it to something, I would to the legends of the Garden of Eden from the bible. The whole garden was positively radiating life. There were anything from blue tulips to pink pentus. Its variety was neverending. I just looked around amazed. Reaper and Geno looked at me and laughed. "Ya it's pretty amazing. But what else would you expect from a garden created by the goddess of life herself." Reaper says with a smile.

  "Why thank you Reaper. I always enjoy others appreciation for my hard work. Now, who might the little one be?" I heard from a voice coming toward us.

  I look to see what appears to be a bi-pedal goat being with red eyes and white fur in a flowing vibrant green gown with a dark green sash. She had a sunflower yellow robe with a flower clasp. She wore a beautiful yellow flower crown and a gold and emerald flower necklace. I hide my face in Geno's chest, shyly.

  "Just Geno and I's new adopted kid, Life. They're a godling and guardian of  emotions." Reaper said like it wasn't a big deal.

  "Oh Reaper, I know how much the two of you wanted children. I thought you decided to hold off having any since things were so awful in the multiverse? Though, adoption is a wonderful compromise! They wouldn't happen to be part of the balance of emotions would they? I thought the other half was positivity." The now named Life asks as she walks to me and has a closer look.

  "There was a situation, but the results left Dream Catcher here in charge of the balance of emotions instead of just positivity. You can probably feel the shift in the balance of feelings here more neutral instead of negative." Reaper explained.

  "Oh yes, it was quite surprising. I haven't felt this well in centuries. Hello little one, my name is Toriel. But you may call me Life. How about you introduce yourself?" Life asked me.

  I peak out at her. She was so pretty, it made me a bit overwhelmed. "Hello. I'm Dream "Catcher" Joku, but you can just call me Catcher. My pronouns are she/her, though I'll answer to they/them. The bitties are Strings, Carbernet, and Moon. It's nice to meet you. Your really pretty." I tell her quietly.

  "Why thank you for the compliment little one. My pronouns are she and her. Do you go by a different gender than female?" She said gently.

  "Well, I know my body doesn't have a gender, but I feel like a boy and girl. But, I forget the exact word for it." I said trying to remember.

  "The word is bi-gender. It said you were on your check information." Geno told me.

  "That's interesting. Not a lot of divine identify as genders other than just male or female. Though, there's nothing wrong with that. You can be whatever gender you feel. I know two of my own children do. They are non-binary and gender-neutral. Frisk likes they and them pronouns. While, Chara likes to use female or they/them pronouns too." Zoe said.

  "Speaking of kids, where are the three hell spawn?" Reaper questioned.

  "Reaper! What have I said about calling them hell spawn!? And, they're currently with the King having bonding time. They won't be here for the rest of the week. That should be enough time to get the little one settled." Life said.

  "Alright. We should talk about what's going on the multiverse for now. We'll likely have to bring it up to Asgore. But, I have to leave soon to reap. Things aren't great Tory. It's looking like we have to make an escape." Reaper told her somberly.

  "Well I expect you to catch me up. I'll go talk to Asgore myself if you have to go. For now, let's head to the house. We'll have a cup of tea and pie while we talk." Life told him soothingly.

  "Well we can do that, while Geno and Catcher go through the stuff we bought for them." Reaper said.

  We started to make our way through the garden until we reach a beautiful two story cottage. It had vines and flowers growing on and around it, but appeared well loved and cared for. We reached the door and went inside.