Ch.13 New Family

I opened my eyesockets and sat up suddenly. Medic jumps back.  "Fuck! You scared me kiddo! Give a doc a warning. Nearly gave me a soul attack." Medic said holding his hand to his soul.

  "Sorry. Woke up from, well, a bit of a nightmare." I told him. I looked down at my hands. I wasn't goopy!

  "Oh, are you ok? You want to talk about it?" He asked me.

  "Right now, I'm fine. In the future...  That's up for debate. I just confirmed something that I had a suspicion of. I should actually talk to Core about it." I answered.

  "Oh, well they aren't here this second. They should be back soon though. You haven't been asleep too long, but they said they had to get something. The others are just sleeping in the other beds." Medic told me.

  "I'M AWAKE! THE MAGNIFICENT BLUE DOESN'T NEED TO SLEEP! I SUSTAIN MYSELF OFF OF PURE WILL POWER AND COFFEE. LOTS AND LOTS OF COFFEE." Blue yelled, practically vibrating, from down the room. He was holding an empty thermos of coffee. He was radiating positivity.

  "Blue! You woke me up! What have we said about drinking coffee! You know how you get!" A drowsy Geno could be heard as he sticked his head out from under a blanket.

  "It's better than when he gets an energy drink. The last time that happened we had to call reinforcements from fifteen Aus. The path of destruction went through seven universes and the Omega Timeline before we could stop him." Reaper said sitting up from next to him.

  "RED BULL GIVES ME WINGS™!" Blue screamed, swinging his arms in the air.

  "Good thing the walls are sound proofed." Medic commented.

  "For who?!?!" Geno said groaning. He  covered his face with a pillow.

  "I got this." I said, getting up.

  I walked over to Blue and put my hand over his soul. Then I proceed to absorb his excess positivity. He started relaxing. I stop when I can feel him back to his normal level. "There we go. All the energy, none of the extra. Watch out for the crash though." I told him.

  "Where have you been all our lives!" Reaper said in awe.

  "Trapped in stone for a thousand years, in a dead universe." I say to him, dead pan.

   Core then appeared. "I'm back. I got what we needed." They said.

  Saved.

  Is what everyone thought, as they sighed in relief. I looked to Core. "What'd I miss while I was out?" I asked.

  "We discussed what we would do to proceed. Your still a child, so you need an adult to watch out for you. We also need you to stay with someone for your safety. We'll need to get you things we currently don't have on hand. Cloths, toiletries, and anything else you might need. That's why I went and got my multiversal credit card. It works in all the Aus allied to the Star Council." Core explained.

  "Fine. Who would I be staying with?" I asked.

  "You would be staying with Reaper and I  in our home in Reapertale. It's one of the only Aus Nightmare and his ilk can't enter." Geno tells me.

  I think about that. I would stay with the two of them. It would be the three of us, together. In their home. I have an epiphany. "Does that mean you two would be my parents now?" I ask, looking at them with with big eyelights. I started to tear up.

  I was full of more hope than I've had in a long time. I had wanted parents this whole life. I thought I wouldn't get any though. I knew what parents were like, so I didn't really connect with the tree like Nightmare did. Nim wasn't really a parent to us since she was stuck in a tree. She couldn't do the kind of things I longed for. Hugs and kisses. Stories and movie time. Parental advice and someone to tell you it would be ok. Maybe a dad joke, or a scolding when I did something stupid. Protect and nurture us. And as a consequence, I was forced to grow up before I was ready.