Ch.12 Not So Happy Reunion

I opened my eyelights to see I was sitting under the tree, back in the dreamscape. I must have fallen asleep again. I looked down at myself to see I was uncorrupted. That's good. It meant I was probably able to change back. I stood up and started heading to the clearing again. I was feeling a lot better than before. I would probably have a run in with Corrupted Nightmare. I think I was ready now. I hum to myself, nodding my head to the beat. Eventually I start singing.

Bird Song - By Jupiter Vale

Sometimes I wish I was a nightingale.

I'd make my lullaby a fairytale.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a mockingbird.

Mimicking the songs that I've already heard.

I want to dance on the horizon line.

But there is something I am caged behind.

I have a heart made for take flight.

But I'm low,

so low.

Listen to the sound of my heart beat slow.

Yeah, my heart's like yours.

My heart's like yours.

Listen to the sound.

Oh, it feels like home.

When our hearts beat slow,

together.

Listen to the sound of my heart beat slow.

Yeah, my heart's like yours.

My heart's like yours.

Listen to the sound.

Oh, it feels like home.

When our hearts beat slow,

together.

I reach the clearing. I go over to the pile and sit in it cross legged. I close my eyesockets and keep singing.

I want to join in with the meadowlarks.

Chase after the song of where the wild things are.

The symphony's awakening my sparrow heart.

I know,

I'll go

Ohh,

I'm

still

waiting.

Ohh,

Be still,

take wing.

Listen to the sound of my heart beat slow

Yeah, my heart's like yours.

My heart's like yours.

Listen to the sound, oh it feels like home.

When our hearts beat slow

together.

Listen to the sound of my heart beat slow.

Yeah, my heart's like yours.

My heart's like yours.

Listen to the sound, oh it feels like home.

When our hearts beat slow,

together.

I feel Nightmare enter. I continue my song.

Ohh.

Ohh.

The symphony's awakening my sparrow heart.

When our hearts beat slow,

together.

I opened my eyesockets to see Corruption standing in front of me. He looked less than pleased. His corruption was melting from the trip through the ocean dome a bit and he had a few mirror papana attached to his tendrils as they swayed angrily behind him. I looked him straight in the eyelights and said, "Hello. Lovely weather we're having in the Dreamscape today, aren't we. Could I interest you in tea and checkers."

"No! I don't want tea or checkers! The hell happened to the dreamscape! The ocean was supposed to be for show! Not attack anyone who enters! Damn that Cipher for not warning me! And, why the hell can't I enter without them activating!" He angrily said to me.

"Too bad on the tea and checkers. And,
the dome was made to be like that. It just allowed Nightmare and I through without activating. Which means your not my Nightmare are you, Corruption." I said with a cold expression. Corruption gives me an evil grin in return.

"Quick on the up take, aren't you. Then again, you've always been a smart one. Sneaking around Nightmare so he wouldn't know you were taking on the beatings for him. Pretending like everything was sunshine and rainbows, when you promised to always talk to eachother." He stated.

"If you know that, then you know that he broke it first. And, it was to talk and protect eachother. I made sure if we didn't talk, that I would atlease protect him. Not that that mattered in the end, because here you are." I said. I could tell he was trying to get a rise out of me.

"Here I am. The result of your failures. And now, the entire multiverse suffers the consequences. Not that I think it matters, it's benefits me. Nightmare, King of the Multiverse. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it. And, it's all thanks to you." He tells me. I clench my fists.

"That's a load of bull and you know it. It's not my fault. Not really. The villagers, Fate, or even you and your merry band of misfits are. I did everything I possibly could. I know I failed to protect my brother. But, what happened after wasn't my doing. The villagers are the one who caused my and Nightmare's suffering. Fate is the one who took my brother away. You are the one that tore apart the multiverse. You are the one who rules it like a dictator. You are the one who destroyed the balance. You are the one who continues to bring nothing, but pain and suffering. So while I failed, you have done so much worse." I tell him in cold fury.

Nightmare starts laughing. I stand up and cross my arms in irritation. He settles down after minute. "You really are interesting, little positivity guardian. Bill was right about that. Your wiser and tougher than your appearance suggests. Though you would have to be to live through what you have. Ah, your negativity tastes just as delicious as I remember. Like the ambrosia of the gods. I was hoping that you'd would be easier to manipulate, but that just makes this more fun! I'm coming for you Dream. You won't be able to stop what happens when I do." He said and with a jump, left back through the dome.

I shivered. That didn't sound ominous at all. Note the sarcasm. I decided that I've had enough of the dreamscape. I close my eyesockets and wake up.