Ch.29 Comfort

After I woke back up I realized I felt a lot better than before. I wasn't really as sore. I noticed the bitties and Furby still cuddled into my sides. I looked around the room to see that Medic, Fresh, Geno, Blue, Reaper, and everyone else from Reapertale still here. Blue and the kids were asleep on beds together. I was honestly touched at the fact that everyone was still here. I yawned and rubbed my eyesockets. Geno was the first to noticed me awake. "Hey kiddo, how you feeling? You sleep ok? That was the longest I've ever seen you sleep." Geno asked.

  "I'm feeling a lot better than before. I had a very satisfying rest. I don't think I have spent that long in the dream realm since before I was turned to stone. How long was I out for?" I said, trying to sit up. Medic comes over to help me.

  "About seventeen hours or so. I've never known you to sleep more than a few at night time." Life tells me.

  "Huh. That's longer than I thought. Though I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't actually need sleep, so to avoid meeting Corruption in the dreamscape I don't. It more like my consciousness travels to the dreamscape, so I can spread dreams. Sure I'll lay down and relax, but I just avoid it altogether to not have to deal with him." I explained. They looked at me in shock.

  "You haven't been sleeping! No wonder you were out so long. But if your avoiding Corruption, does that mean you saw him while you were there." Medic asked me.

  "Ya, him and Bill. I had some fun messing with them for a while. Corruption seems to forget while I'm not as physically powerful as him, I've always been superior in my ability to manipulate the dreamscape to balance it out. That fact still hadn't changed either. So I ended up having the two run around while being chased and attacked by my creations for a while. Eventually I kick him and Bill out though, so I could wake up." I said smirking a bit. Fresh started laughing.

  "Little dudette, your evil!" Fresh said to me smirking back. I couldn't stop myself from breaking out into a cackle.

  "Just be glad you've never seen them, they're definitely nightmare fuel." I told them. Geno, Medic, and Reaper smirk at the pun.

  "So how long do you two think it will take for Catcher to heal up Medic?" Geno asked, as he came over to me. He gently started to pet my head. I had desummoned my hair after I was kidnapped to keep them from using it as a method of torture.

  "Well, she's healing up pretty fast. Probably thanks to her magic levels and godhood. Plus, her wounds were fairly cleanly made while staying relatively shallow besides the small breaks and chips. If what Catcher said is true, that's likely thanks to Killer favoring her. He's been known to inflict as much pain and damage as he can, before healing them and doing it over. In her case, he drew out the torture over the course of her time there, and healing the worst of it. This was him showing mercy. At this rate, she should be good enough to be released in about a day or two. Just in time for everyone leaving the multiverse." Medic stated.

  "We'll be leaving that soon? Wow, time flies when your trapped and tortured in a dungeon. Can I have a snack? I could use something with chocolate," I asked nonchalantly. Everyone looked at me as if I lost my mind.

  "What? I may not need to eat, but I could use a bit of comfort food. I may act like what happened wasn't a big deal, but that's just my way of coping with it." I said shrugging.

  "Don't got to tell me twice. I'll go get you some brownies. I know you love them." Reaper said and disappeared through the door.

  "Do you want to talk about it?" Life asked me. I shook my head.

  "Not really. You all will just get upset, and I don't really feel like dealing with the negativity right now. I kinda just want to relax for a bit if you all don't mind. Maybe get some cuddles. Could use the positive physical contact." I told them. Geno sat on my bed next to me and pulled me into his arms.