Ch.7 Used and Discarded

I could hear loud yelling as I started to wake up. I slowly open my eye sockets to see Blue still holding me, with a serious look on his face, protectively. "I'm just saying, if we figure out a way to channel their magic through a machine into the Omega Timeline we could boost everyone, and maybe give us a fighting chance! I haven't felt this great in years!" A Fell Sans said.

  "I refuse to build a machine that uses an innocent child as a living battery. Especially, one that is clearly already traumatized!" Science Sans stated.

  "I don't like it either, but times are tough. Sacrifices need to be made." A Swap Papyrus commented.

  The argument continued to escalate. I was not liking what I was hearing. I dug my face deeper into Blue's chest, holding him tighter. I started tearing up. I didn't like the twisted positivity in the room. The hope made my stomach turn, due to the reason for it. *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* "That's quite enough! I've had it up to here with the lot of you. What is wrong with all of you!?!? The only voices of reason during this whole meeting have been Blue and Sci! I'm telling you now, I won't tolerate any of you even causing a scratch on Dreams head, let alone hooking her up to a machine like some tool to be used and discarded. She's been through that already, and I won't allow it to happen again! If you even try, I won't hesitate to kick you out of the Omega Timeline! You should be ashamed of yourselves!" Core screamed off the top of their lungs angry. Absolutely done with them.

  You need to understand Core was a calm and collected person by nature. They didn't like raising their voice at others. And, preferred compromise and teamwork. But, they really didn't like innocent children coming to harm. They only tolerated Error's actions, because of how he treated the Chara and equivalents. He also made sure to never make children suffer when he killed them. They felt regretful that they didn't do more for him, since it was now clear he didn't want to hurt them in the first place. So, for the supposed "good guys" to condone the enslavement and what would likely turn into torture, on a child. One who had already been through it at the hands of their own Au, was something they couldn't fathom. But, that's what they were hearing.

  Blue was looking at his brother, emotions full of sadness, shock, and disappointment. His brother, Stretch, was the one who commented about it being a needed sacrifice. He can't believe he would even think something like that. Let alone say it to everyone as something they should do! Where was his younger brother who was lazy, but kind and fair in judgement. He would never have said something like this years ago. He raised him better than that. He sounded so defeated and tired. It was soul breaking to see how he had changed. But even so, he would protect Dream from anyone who wanted to use or harm them. Even his own brother if he had to.

  I was incredibly tired. Tired of the fear. Tired of the pain. Tired of being used. Tired of being weak. Tired of being trapped. Tired of being sick. I was just so... tired. I just wanted my brother. I wanted those times where it was just the two of us playing, making flower crowns, or cuddling under the Tree of Feelings. Spending nights looking at the stars and telling eachother stories. No villagers, no corruption, and no ending multiverse. Just the two of us. I knew those days were long gone, but I still missed them with all my soul. I may have been reborn to be a guardian of positivity, but I was sure I was too broken at this point to be considered one. Even so, I would keep going. Everyone I've ever loved would want me to keep living. So, even if I don't live for myself, for you all I'll live. I decided that would be my new mantra. For you, I live. Has a nice ring to it. Maybe one day I'll be able to live for myself, too. For now, I will remain PATIENT. I take a look back around the room.

  Everyone was silent after Core's speech. Many were ashamed of what they had been willing to agree to do, just moments before. Others nodded in agreement. Some, like Stretch, remained neutral. While a few, like the fell Sans, were angry. He stood up and spoke, "What other choices do we have at this point?! It's not like we have other options! Besides, it just one kid compared to the entire multiverse being at stake. How can you be so selfish as to keep something that can save us from doing so?!"

  "SHUT UP RED! HOW CAN WE BE SELFISH?! HOW CAN WE!? HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH AND CRUEL AS TO FORCE A CHILD TO FIX ALL YOUR PROBLEMS FOR YOU! IT WOULDN'T EVEN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!? THE WHOLE MULTIVERSE IS GOING TO END NOW THAT ERROR IS DEAD, BECAUSE INK CAN'T STOP CREATING." Blue snapped, a dark look across his face. He held me tighter.

  Everyone looked at him in surprise and shock. They had never heard the kind, positive Sans sound so menasing. Then his words seem to process. "What are you talking about Blue? What does Error being dead and Ink creating have to do with anything?" Sci asked in growing realization.

  Core interjected, "He means that Dream told us about a balance we didn't know about, that Error and Ink we're apart of. Creation and Destruction. I don't know all the details, but to have a single part of any balance die would be catastrophic. If I were to die, as Order, everything would go to Chaos. Total anarchy and madness would raine. If Fresh died, then everything would be monotonous. The multiverse wouldn't be able to change and individuals wouldn't grow. Just look at Dream and Nightmare's balance. Dream was stuck in stone for a thousand years, unable to maintain her side of the balance. Leaving Nightmare free to tip it to his own side. We can still feel positive emotions, but the negative are much more prominent. In Aus he's added to his domain, they're practically non-existent. This happen with her still  living. So whatever Error was destroying Universes for had to have been important."