Ch.19 Around The Corner

About two weeks had passed since I met the Reapertale kids. I continued to improve in my magical abilities and control over my corruption. I was still a bit shy, but I'd gotten more used to being around everyone. Fresh had been sticking around much to Flowey's displeasure. The bitties were sticking to me like glue since my small meltdown. I could often be seen following Geno around with them sitting or hanging off of me. Reaper came back for a couple of days after feeling the parental bond form. He actually gave me a special bracelet with beads on it he had made. It was supposed to have the magical signature of family members infused into them. It would also act as a tracker for them if I was separated or kidnapped, so they would be able to find me. It was infused with Reaper, Geno, and Fresh's magic. I put it on my left ankle inside my sock to hide it. I could still feel its comfort, but others wouldn't see it. Geno, Fresh, and I talk to Reaper about my reincarnation status and Error. It actually went really well. Reaper fainted at the end, but when he woke up he pulled me into a hug and reassured me it didn't change anything. He would also come with us on our quest for Error. The bitties had overheard and straight up told me they didn't care. I was still the same person they had met that accepted them. They would follow me anywhere.

Core and Medic visited like they said and gave me a proper evaluation. While they were pleased that my HoPe had increased, they confirmed I was depressed and had schizophrenia. I was also suffering from the trauma I experienced in Dreamtale. They were concerned about my numbness. They gave me some tools and had me try some medication, though they didn't seem hopeful on the meds working. Gods were known for having immunity to drugs and poisons, so they probably wouldn't do anything. I was a bit disappointed about that. Schizophrenia was known to sometimes get worse or better over time. I was really young and it was relatively mild right now, so I wasn't holding my breath for improvements. Maybe when we had more time we could figure something else out. They were proud of my progress in my haphephobia and control over my corruption though, so there's that.

Core said that everything should be set for us to leave by the end of the month. They somehow managed to capture Ink and contain him in an undisclosed location after making an attempt to get him to stop creating for a while. It came out that he was soulless and didn't believe in the consequences of his actions. They couldn't keep him contained forever, but it would give us time to finish escaping. He would be left behind to lay in the bed he made along with Nightmare and his army.

Core took Geno, Reaper, Fresh, and I to the side at one point, and sat us down. Core had overheard our conversation about being reincarnated and Error's possible survival. We talked about my past life and us going in a separate ship from everyone to go find wherever Error was. Core was quite happy to hear about Error and said they'll think about joining us. They would have Sci make a sort of device that used Error's strings to track his magical signature.

I was sitting in Life's garden making flower crowns with Flowey and Chara. Frisk was braiding my hair around my old gold crown. String, Carber, and Moon were napping next to me. I was humming a song to myself as I was weaving the stems together. I started to sing.

___________________

Zombie - Cover By Beth
(Original by The Cranberries)

Another head hangs lowly.

Child is slowly taken.

And the violence,

caused such silence.

Who are we mistaken?

But you see,

it's not me.

It's not my family.

In your head,