Ch.17 Kids and Chaos

(Author Note: Enjoy a chapter two days in a row in celebration to Undertale's 7th Anniversary! Enjoy!)

_________________

  I had been here for a few days now. Reaper had been out catching up on reaping, while Life had gone to the realm of the gods to talk to the king. She said she would be back in a few days with her children. I would practice my magic and spent some quality time with my new mother bonding. We mostly hung out and used my art supplies for projects. I ended up cutting and sewing my old cape to be slightly smaller and have a hood with Geno's help. My sewing skills were rusty, but I think we did a good job. I made sure to put it on right away. "Looking good kiddo." He told me.

  "Thanks Mom! I'm so happy I could salvage it. It has a lot of memories and been with me through thick and thin. I can't count the amount of times I sewed the old thing up." I told him.

  "You did a good job, I can barely tell it's been damaged before other than from old age. How did you get it?" Geno said.

  "Nightmare made it for me, before, you know... everything. It was the first project he finished. He gave it to me during a horrible thunderstorm to comfort me. I was so happy, I never parted with it. Now it's a reminder of our bond. It still has some of his magic in it. I find it comforting." I explained.

  "I was wondering who's magic that was. It's definitely different than our current Nightmare. It feels more of a calm and soothing negativity, than the harsh and overwhelming we know. It's like a totally different magic signature." Geno commented.

  "That's because it is. The Nightmare you all know isn't the same as the one I did. I don't know the exact situation, but I know Corruption is not my brother. The fact he can't get into our dreamscape without getting attacked by our defenses proves it. I made them specifically to let Nightmare and I pass, keeping everyone else out. I just wish I knew if he was somewhere in there, alive. I can't feel him through our sibling bond." I said sadly.

  "It's best not to think about things we have no control over. We just need to keep going. If Corrupted Nightmare gets to you, you can't let yourself hesitate with defending yourself. I'm sure your brother wouldn't want you to get hurt, so you need to run or fight back if you can't. We don't know what exactly he wants with you, but it can't be anything good." Geno said seriously.

  "Ok Mom, your right. My Nighty would never do what Corruption has. I just don't understand why he would go so far. He should know what he's done to the balance would cause the destruction of the multiverse. What's the point of ruling over a dieing kingdom?" I said to him.

  "I don't think he cares about that. He just wants to cause chaos and negativity. That's what he's been doing since the beginning. He just started doing it more strategically. He only seems to care about power and causing others misery." Geno answered.

  "I can attest to that. That thing takes whatever equals joy for it from the stuff. By the way, cape looks cute." Moon comments from his place on the counter with the others.

  "Ya! It'S AdOrAbLe! AnD, As BiTtieS We WoUlD KnOw." Strings says.

  "Thanks. Well, what should we do now?" I said. Just then the door slams open.

  In comes a whirl wind of sound and movement. I quickly hide behind Geno. The bitties duck into the sink. "Finally home! It feels like it's been forever!" A void eyed, brunette said.

  "Your just saying that, because your sick of hanging out with the sky goat." A yellow petaled flower on them said.

  "Be nice you two. Dad just wants to spend time with us. It's not the worst thing." Another brunette with yellow skin said.