Ch.9 Old Wounds

The doors were unlocked, and everyone slowly filed out of the room. Stretch looked at Blue, but Blue avoided his gaze. He walked out. Eventually it's just Reaper, Geno, Blue, Core, and I. I looked around at everyone from my seat in Blue's lap. Reaper and Geno stand next to eachother nervous. Core looked at the three. "Alright. I want everyone to follow me to the med bay. Dream needs to get a check and food, possibly healing. The Friendship tacos was a start. We can discuss what is going to happen when we get there." Core tells us as they walk to the door.

Blue lifted me up into his arms as we followed. I just looked around sleepily, as we passed through the building. We walked by different rooms and skeletons. I was starting to think that this was a skeleton only building, with the exception of Core. I yawned. I hoped I could just rest soon. I didn't want to fall asleep though, even if I'd like to see Bill again. But chances were, after Bill's failure, I would be greeted by Corrupted Nightmare instead. I wasn't ready to see him again. The very thought of my failure hurt my soul. Eventually, Core stopped in front of a door and knocked. We stood behind them, as Blue sets me down. He holds my hand. "Coming! Coming! I'll be there in a sec!" A voice called from the other side.

The door opened. We are met by a short skeleton in a white coat and cyan scrubs. He had on a pair of glasses, he was using to read from a clipboard. "Hey Medic. We're here for a full medical check for little Dream here." Core tells him.

He looks up at our group. "Their barely shorter than you. But sure, no problem. I was just finishing up some paperwork. Why don't you come in and have them lay on a bed." He tells us.

We all entered the room. It looked like an typical infirmary. There was a line metal beds to one side. While the other had a series of tables with paper and equipment. The walls were lined with shelve full of different books, papers, and tools. Blue walked me over to a bed with white and cyan sheets. I sit down on it and cross my legs. Everyone got comfortable.

"Is the room secure?" Core asks.

"The privacy wards took care of it the moment you all walked in. Can't have the confidential information of patients getting out. Not even Cipher himself could get passed them. Medical wards are powerful. I'm going to start the full medical check" Medic answered coming and checking me.

"Alright, I just had to make sure. Can't say anything these days without someone listening in. This is an extremely sensitive matter and I only trust the people in this room with it." Core said.

"What do you mean? Shouldn't you, you know, not trust us? We kinda admitted to being spies for the destroyer of the multiverse." Reaper asks confused.

"I need you to understand, I never thought Error was evil. Heck, I've never thought of him as an enemy. I really saw him as misunderstood. I didn't know why he was doing it, but I could tell he didn't enjoy destroying. You have to remember, I'm omnipresent. I can watch whatever is going on anywhere at anytime. I would see Error's expression when he thought none of us were around. He looked sad and regretful. Then when someone showed up he turned into the insane destroyer they all know. I already knew you were all spying for Error. I just let it happen. I played ignorant so I could keep things from falling apart. I couldn't do much for him, but I did what I could to silently support him. I'm just sad I couldn't do more." Core told them.

"Of course you already knew. You know everything. I'm not surprised. But, I think Error would have appreciated knowing he had your support. He always tried to slow down his destroying when you showed up to let as many people as possible escape." Geno said.

"I Understand What It's Like To Have To Stand Between Two Sides. So I Know That It Is Difficult. I'm Sure That What You Did Was Appreciated By Error. He Likely Knew What You Were Doing. He Had A Way Of Always Knowing What Was Going On Before We Did." Blue tells Core.