Ch.27 New Plan

Once again I woke up in the dreamscape. didn't want to deal with anyone coming after me for a while, so I decided to just relax here at the tree. The maze could deal with any intruders, A.K.A. Corruption. I did set it to have a construct to escort Bill here if he showed up though. Nightmare never saw what the mirror Xenomorphs and Facehuggers could do other than look scary. Instead of forcing an egg into you, it does a sort of virus. What the virus does depends on the person. It adapts to an individuals magic to weaken them. Or at least that's what I made it to do. That is, if you managed to escape them in the first place. I also made sure that it wouldn't effect me and Nightmare, just like everything else here. That gave me an idea. If I could get Corruption to be infected by my virus, maybe I could weaken him enough to get my Nighty back. A sinister smile appeared on my face and I start cackling.

  I quickly teleport to my Mirror Queen Conception and give her the order. She gives a deep, throaty laugh and nods. She missed Nightmare as much as I did. She was created with both of our magic to be the personification of our will to protect our dreamscape and love for eachother. While she doesn't have a form in the real world she is perfectly aware and intelligent. Nightmare was so shocked when she was completed at how horrific she appeared. Then she picked him up and started nuzzling him. I was laughing until she did the same to me, then wouldn't let us go for a good while. She was always more protective of Nightmare than me, which I believe is my fault.

  We quickly tweaked the virus to instead of simply weakening Corruption, to give Corruption's strength to Nightmare. From what I understand the two are sorta like split personalities. Their magic is different though, so they're definitely not the same being. Corruption is forcing Nightmare to sleep while he is in control. I'm not sure just how this will affect the two of them, but it's better than simply having Corruption run free. If I can at the very least recombine the two of them, worse case scenario I should have somewhat unstable Nightmare. Though, I wouldn't be upset about Corruption disappearing all together. With that completed, I head back to the dream tree.

  I conjure a pillow, stuffed axolotl, and blanket. With those items in hand I lay on the ground and cover myself up, to get some rest. I don't plan on waking up for a while to act on my plan. I double check to make sure the barrier around the dreamscape is locked to anyone and relax. I don't know how long I just layed there, but it felt like a few hours. I was wondering what was taking so long for Corruption to show up, when I eventually felt something trying to break into the dreamscape. I get up and decided to head to the center of the maze. I don't go their often, but it has what I refer to as the dreamframe. Stellar naming I know, but I couldn't think of anything better. At least I'm not like Batman and I try to put dream in everything. It contains records of nightmares and dreams we used to give to people. From what kind of nightmares worked best for certain phobias to a bunch of different dreams that caused the most positivity. But, that wasn't all it contained.

  Inside the dreamframe, was a sort of system I set up to be able to monitor the dreamscape. I had created a sort of invisible orbs that could travel the dreamscape. They would be able to send me images of where they were, as well as both draining and inserting, positivity and negativity. Of course there were limits to how much they could contain, but they would be pretty useful. I have never used them before for anything crazy, and never had the chance to tell Nightmare about them either. It was still pretty experimental. Sure I tested them out a few times, but I never really used them in anything other than a trial run or to look around the mirror maze, so this would be a good way to see them in action.

  Entering the dreamframe you would notice a stark contrast to the rest of the maze. While it's not exactly high-tech, it's definitely has similarities to a security monitor room. The room is surrounded by floating blue screens. The floor is lined from ceiling to floor with thin streams of magic connected to the screens leading to the center where I have a keyboard on a pedestal. I can see just about the whole maze from inside this room. Nightmare questioned how I made it possible, and I explained that I just came up with it. Which is sorta true since, even with my knowledge of technology, I had to figure out how to connect everything together in a way that functioned.

  I walk over to the keyboard and place my hand over it. The keyboard was pretty much a keypad for the controls. If someone tried to use it without the proper clearance, it would activate a trap that would shock the person sending them into a paralyzed state, and the lines in the floor would turn into cables. They would then wrap around the person tightly and secure them, until the mirror Xenomorphs come to attack them. I didn't actually need the keyboard to control it all, so it acted more as a decoy for others.

  The keyboard beeped and the screens came to life. I could now see images of the entire maze. More screens pop up around me. I swipe my hand to clear a them away. Then I activate my orbs and sent them to go look at the ocean around where someone was trying to break in. After a few moments, I had a clear view. Corruption and Bill could be seen on the screen. Bill was just floating around, while Corruption was frantically attacking the barrier. I could see cracks and holes beginning to develop. If I left them be they would probably break through in a few minutes. I was tempted to simply repair the damage to troll them, but that wasn't part of my plan. I conjure a desk chair and sit down to watch the show. After a moment they finally break through. This was going to be fun.