Ch.8 The Plan

A thousand years! I knew it was a possibility, but I was hoping it hadn't been that long. That definitely explains how Nightmare had the time to take over the multiverse. I was lucky I wasn't completely insane after staying trapped for so long. Even so, I had to move on and help them understand just how dangerous of a situation we were in. I straightned up and in DETERMINATION spoke, "The universe in finite. So when Ink creates a universe it takes up more space. The more Ink creates, the more he takes up. Until eventually it starts to run out. Error's job was to free up space for new universes to go. So, he would have to get rid of others for them. If he didn't then it could lead to universes colliding with one another. Either fusing or destroying them altogether. If an original Au were to be effected then its copies and connected Aus would be too. At least that's the theory from my understanding, since Error had been able to prevent it until now."

"Why should we believe you? Ink never mentioned anything about being part of a balance. We know Ink is a God of Creation and Guardian of Aus, but I'm pretty sure it would have been brought up by now. Especially with how important that information is." An Outertale Sans said, the others agreeing with him.

"You Don't Have To Believe Her Outer. Just Me," Blue states.

Everyone looks to him in confusion. Core face scrunches in thought. "That's right. You were on speaking terms with Error after your kidnapping. He must have told you about the balance. But what I don't understand is why you didn't say anything." Core said.

"We Were On More Than Speaking Terms. He Was My Best Friend. It's Not That I Didn't Want To Say Anything. It's That I Literally Couldn't. There's Someone Who Did Something To Prevent Me From Speaking About It. I Don't Know Who They Are Exactly. Just That They Are A Higher Deity. Error Only Was Able To Tell Me About The Balance After Nearly Shattering His Soul With The Effort. I Only Just Realized I Could Talk About It Now." Blue explained.

"Their name is Fate." I told him.

Everyone looked at me in surprise. Blue felt relief to finally know the name of Error's tormentor. "How do you know that?" Sci asks me.

"It's their fault my life was hell. And, they took my brother from me." I said full of anger and grief.

"You have a brother!? Why is that only being mentioned now?!??" Red said.

"Because it was irrelevant. They are no longer reachable. What matters now is coming up with a plan to try to survive the coming collapse." Core stated.

"Why don't we just have Ink stop creating universes. Problem solved." A Gaster Sans said.

"Sorry G, Won't Work. If A Treaty With Error To Stop Creation And Destruction To Protect Aus Didn't Work, Then Telling Ink With No Error To Stop Him Anymore That He Can't Create Won't Either. Plus, Aus Grow And Move Over Time. So, They Would End Up Colliding Anyways." Blue explained.

"Since when was there ever a treaty like that!?" Dancetale Sans exclaims.

"It was a few hundred years ago, Dance. The two made a deal to stop, since they were getting tired of fighting. Ink broke it when he was bored and forgot, going on a creation spree. Error was pissed and never trusted Ink again." Geno Sans told them.

"I've never heard of it either. How do you know about it?" Sci asked.

With a tired and sad sigh, "Because Error, Fresh, and I are, or were, brothers." Geno told them.

At that bomb being dropped, the room was once again in an uproar. Cries of traitor and spy could be heard. I was seeing a pattern. But that did explain why I didn't feel any negativity from the rest of room when we heard Error died. Geno seems to be good at hiding his emotions. Likely from experience. Now that I noticed him, next to him, I could tell Reaper Sans was doing the same.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

"This is just getting annoying. It doesn't matter. We already established that Error was doing his job. We were constantly making plans to stop or kill him anyways, so I say we can call it even. Though, after the meeting I want you, Reaper, and Blue to come with me. Yes Reaper, everyone know you and Geno are a pair. So of course you were in on it too." Reaper rubbed the back of his head, smiling sheepishly. "Regardless, we need to figure out an escape since, short of figuring out how to destroy Aus ourselves, stopping it is clearly not an option. Going to a different multiverse is a possibility. The problems are transporting so many people and the specific multiverse." Core told them.

"Well if I can isolate the frequency of our multiverse, I could theoretically, find others. Though the transportation is a serious problem. I'm not sure we have the time to create a vessel large enough to contain the occupants of the Omega Timeline and our Aus. Our best bet is to either create many smaller vessels that contain pocket dimensions or a large portal. But, a portal large enough would likely be unstable sending us to the VOID. While using vessels runs the risks of not being able to handle the stress of the voyage and getting lost in the omniverse." Sci explains to them.

"Are you telling us that we're not the only multiverse and that we can travel around this omniverse thing to other multiverses? How long has that been a thing? And, why haven't we heard about it?" Outer asks eyelights turned to galaxies in wonder.

"Being omnipresent has its perks. But, we've had a few visitors from time to time. Mostly Inks who're exploring, but a few others who just travel through the VOID or ANTI-VOID. They have some of the most interesting stories. There was one about a bunny monster, bird monster, and human walking into a bar and-"

"Core, Sorry To Interrupt. I'm Sure It's An Interesting Story, But We're Getting Off Track." Blue interrupts.

"Right, maybe another time. As I was saying. It happens enough. But, we kept it quiet to prevent Nightmare and his forces from finding out. We didn't want them to try to spread out their conquest to other multiverses. Having powerful entities traveling around is dangerous not only for the locals, but their respective balances. Though right now, we don't really have the option. We're on a timer without knowing how much time we have left. We need to come to a decision now, so that we can take steps to prepare." Core said.

"Well it looks to me like ships are really our only option. I don't know about all of you, but I rather have something between me and the VOID. I'd rather not join my counterparts." G said. Everyone shivered at the thought of being trapped in the void.

"We still need to plan how we're going to do it. Resources, workforce, work hours, organizing leadership, ect. The whole plan needs to be discussed," Sci said.

So began a thirteen and a quarter hour long Planning Event, because what occured couldn't be considered a discussion. Yelling was heard. Insults were said. Chairs were thrown. The long table was flipped a record number of seventeen times. Many knives and bone attacks could be seen around the room. Dance had a dance battle with Outer. Red was foaming at the mouth while running around the room. G had fallen asleep. Reaper was floating above eating from his infinite popcorn bowl. Occasionally, he was throwing some at Geno, irritating him. Sci would pick up his papers after having them thrown with the table, again. Several fights broke out among the Sans copies on the long-standing debate of who was the superior Sans. All of the Papyrus and swap papyrus participated in a D&D tournament. The Storyshift Charas were on the sidelines, like the wallflowers they were. While, the Swapshift Frisks were doing a sewing circle. Blue and I were watching it all from our seats, sharing his emergency stash of friendship tacos. Core tried uselessly to curb the chaos.

Eventually, things settled down. It was decided. Sci would be in charge of the science division. Red would be in charge of engineering division. Outer and Core would be in charge of planning the course and logistics. Dance would be in charge of evacuations. Stretch would be in charge of resource management. Reaper would make sure to keep us informed on Nightmare's movements.

So ended the
764th Star Council Planning Event.