Ch.26 Musical Memories

I spent a while in Fresh's arms just bathing in the warmth of our new familial bond. Everyone let us have our moment. I didn't expect that I would develop anything more than a parental bond with Reaper and Geno. But, it seemed I had created a family bond with Fresh. I know that if I had been born into the family I would have had one already with them. Still it's nice that we had become close enough to form one anyways. After a while, we let eachother go. I got comfortable again, while Fresh, Geno, and Reaper sat around me. Medic brought me over a hospital gown to cover me up. I happily put it on.

  Then Blue comes charging back into the room with a black case, bag, and a coffee in hand. "I HAVE RETURNED! I WILL REGAIN MY HONOR WITH THIS GET-WELL GIFT!" Blue exclaimed. Geno groaned.

  "Why did you have to pick up a coffee?! We already have enough to deal with without you on a caffeine high!" Geno said.

  "MWEH! HEH! HEH! FEAR NOT GENO, I AM PERFECTLY IN CONTROL OF MY FACULTIES! I JUST NEEDED A PICK ME UP. I HADN'T BEEN SLEEPING THE LAST FEW DAYS WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON." Blue said.

  "He's fine. Maybe a bit more hyper than normal, but not like last time when I had to calm him down." I said. Geno let out a breath in relief.

  "ALRIGHT CATCHER, HERE YOU GO. IT'S ALREADY TUNED AND I GOT SHEET MUSIC TO GO WITH IT," Blue said handing the bag and case to me. I was confused for a moment, until I opened up the case.

  Inside was a beautiful black violin. It seemed to be new and freshly polished. I reverently took it out. I hadn't held a violin in years even before being put in stone. I had learned how to play from a traveling bard that stayed at the village for a few months.

__________________

Flashback...

  "As my apprentice, I expect you to use your violin daily to stay in practice. You are by far the most talented student I have taught. I have only spent three months teaching you, and I'm sure you will surpass me. I don't want your skills to go to waste. Can you do that for me Dream?" My mentor told me.

  I looked at the blue and green feathered bird monster. They were wearing a red dress and brown boots. They had on a yellow beanie I made them and a yellow shawl.  They were tall, but not overly so. They had arms and hands, but wings coming off of them. "Of course Trisha! I would never do anything to disappoint you. Though I'm a bit worried that the villagers won't let me." I told Trisha. She smiled sadly at me.

  "I wouldn't blame you if that's the case. As long as you keep the music in your soul that's enough for me. You have a gift Dream, so don't let anyone else try to take that from you. I know those damned villagers don't appreciate you and your brother, but what they think and do doesn't matter. You got to remember that only you decide what your worth is. But if you ask me, your worth a hundred times more than all of them combined. No one can tell me otherwise." She told me. I go and give her a hug.

  "Are you sure you can't stay?" I said to her.

  "As much as I want to, you know that they will make good on their threats to kill you and your brother if I don't go. I can't stop them all by myself and as much as I want to take you two with me, you have to stay for the tree." Trisha said with regret.

  "Alright. Can I at least play a song for you before you go?" I asked.

  "Sure. Can you play the one you've been working on?" Trisha asked me.

  "No problem. I actually have singing to go with it, so I'm sure you would like it." I told her as I prepared to play on the violin she gave me.

Flashback End