Chapter 5

The next day Louis wakes up when George's alarm clock goes off at 8 am. It's not like he has to be at work at a specific time but he likes to have breakfast at home. So Louis gets off bed and brushes his teeth and hair before going to Alex's room to check on him. When he opens the door he finds his little angel sleeping on his crib. Louis smiles at the image and it's in times like this one when he realizes that everything is worthy. He closes Alex's room door as he makes his way to the kitchen. In there he washes his hands again and gets everything he needs to make chocolate chip pancakes.

"Where's Alex?" George asks; looking around.

"Oh!" Louis turns around to look at him. "Good Morning!" He smiles. "Alex's sleeping."

"Oh!" George says; sitting on the dinner table.

"Anything to drink?" Louis asks; like every single morning when George sits at the table. You might think is a stupid question to ask but George doesn't drink tea or coffee every day.

"Coffee." George says in a cold tone.

If Louis is being honest he's not even surprised that George is acting like if last night didn't happen. He was drunk anyways. Louis goes to the kitchen to make George's coffee. He goes back to the table with George's coffee in his hand when he hears Alex crying in his room.

"Oh." Louis says placing the coffee on the table. "Let me get Alex, after that I'll serve you."

"Sure." George rolls his eyes.

Louis walks to Alex's room, knowing that nothing is wrong with him. He just woke up and cry because he didn't see any of his daddies on the room. It was hard the first time that it happened because back then Louis didn't know that.

"George!" Louis says in a worried tone; trying to wake his husband. "George!"

George groans; not knowing why in the fuck is Louis waking him up before his alarm clock goes on.

"What, Louis!? WHAT!?" He screams.

"Alex is crying and I don't know why!" Louis stutters.

"You're useless!" George says as he takes Alex from Louis' arms. After a few minutes Alex stops crying. "See! That's everything you have to do! You're fucking useless!"

Louis shakes his head to get rid of the memory; still painful to think how George makes him insecure about himself, about everything he does. He takes a few deep breaths before entering his son's room; he doesn't want to worry him.

"Baby boy!" He says with a smile on his face. Alex looks at him and stops crying. "Papa is here baby, don't worry!"

Louis carries Alex in his arms; making him feel safe. Alex smiles at him; and yeah Louis knows that he can do anything as long as he has his little treasure with him.

"Hungry?" Louis asks him in a childish voice.

Alex nods; rubbing his eyes with his little fits. Louis makes his way back to the kitchen with Alex on his arms. He sits Alex in his high chair and goes back to the kitchen to serve George's breakfast. He gets the blueberry syrup and butter out and place it in the table next to the chocolate chip pancakes.

30 minutes later George leaves the flat without saying anything to Louis. If he's honest he kinda knew George wasn't going to remember this day. He hasn't remember it for 2 years in a row. He gets nostalgic as he remembers how they used to celebrate this special day 5 years ago.

"Happy 1st year anniversary!"George whispers against Louis' ear; making him giggle.

"Happy 1st year anniversary!" Louis whisper back; giving him a tender kiss.