Chapter 23

A week has passed by and things are kinda going back to normal. Alex had a nightmare last night, he woke up screaming and sweating. Louis comforted him; telling him everything is okay. Alex cuddled into Louis' chest feeling safe, feeling the familiar petite body warming him.

"Papa, I scared." Alex says in a sleepy tone.

"Don't worry baby boy," He caresses his hair. "I won't let anybody hurt you."

"I promise."Louis whispers against his ear.

They go back to sleep since is 3 am and when they wake up at 8 am Zayn already has the breakfast on the dinner table.

"What's all this?" Louis asks as he sits Alex on the high chair.

"Breakfast," Zayn shrugs.

"Why!?" Louis keeps questioning, "Do you want us to leave? Trying to us tell in a nice way?"

"What?" Zayn laughs nervously, "No I-I ... I just want to ..."

"Come on Malik! What's going on?" Louis asks as he sits next to Alex.

"Niallwantstomeetyouguys." Zayn says; holding his breath.

"Come again."

"Niall wants to meet you guys." Zayn repeats.

"Oh," Louis smiles. "And are you okay with that? You want us to do it?"

"Of course," Zayn smiles at them. "You guys are like my family."

"Okay, we'll do it."

"Really?" Zayn asks surprised.

"Yeah! I mean he wants to meet us, must be really important to him."

"Thank you." Zayn smiles at him.

"So this means Niall is very important to you?" Louis teases him.

"I guess." Zayn says looking at his breakfast.

"Are you in love with him?"

"Would you laugh if I say yes?"

"No," Louis shakes his head.

"Cross your heart?" Zayn asks and Louis does it. "Yes."

Louis smiles at him.

"You said you weren't going to laugh."

"I'm not laughing, I'm smiling because I've not seen you this happy since Perrie." Louis keeps the smile in his face. "You told me you two were only fuck buddies but I could see the way you looked at her and the way she looked at you."

"I really liked her," Zayn sighs. "Can you believe I was going to tell her to give it a try to a serious relationship the same day she told me she was going to New York?"

"I'm sorry mate." Louis smiles at him weakly.

"It's okay," Zayn shrugs. "I think it just had to happen that certain way."