Chapter 14

WARNING: UPSETTING TOWARDS THE END!

The next morning Louis wakes up when he hears Alex's screams; instead of his morning symptoms. He jumps off the bed and runs to Alex's room. When he gets there Alex is standing in the middle of the crib crying his soul out.

"It's okay baby boy." He picks him up. "I'm here, it's okay."

"I see monster." Alex says in between hiccups.

"It's okay baby." Louis keeps cuddling him against his chest. "Nobody is here."

"I see ..." He hiccups. "Eyes close."

Louis hugs him tighter when he realizes his baby just had a bad dream. "Look at me baby." Louis smiles at him; wiping his tears. "Look around there's nobody here, no monster, no nothing." He kisses his cheek. "Just me and you."

"Fuffy?" Alex stops sobbing. "Where Fuffy?"

Louis' heart sink at the question; how is he going to tell him son daddy killed his Fuffy last nigh. How is he going to tell him he dump him in their flat complex's dumpster because his daddy didn't want him to stink the house.

"He went bye bye." Louis lies; feeling like crap for lying to his baby.

"Why?" He says with a broken heart; is icy blue eyes reflecting pain.

"I don't know, love." Louis says; swallowing the knot in his throat.

"I love him." Alex's eyes begins to get watery looking at Louis with wide innocent icy blue eyes and a pouty lips; making Louis feel like shit. "He went bye bye..." He sobs. "Because of daddy." He bursts into tears again.

"No, no, baby." Louis cuddles him against his chest. "Kittens always do that, it's in their DNA."

Regardless of everything that George had done to Louis he doesn't want his son to have a bad image of him because he's not a bad father. He's a bad husband but he's not at bad dad; he has never hurt Alex and Louis is grateful for that.

"What's going on here?" They hear George's voice coming from the door.

"He had a nightmare." Louis whispers as Alex buries his face into his chest.

"Is he okay?"

"Yes, don't worry."

George walks to where they are; wanting to comfort Alex. "Is okay big boy." He tries to touch him but he moves away. "Hey, it's me. It's daddy."

"He's still scare," Louis says caressing his hair. "He asked me about the pet and I told him what I know you would want me to tell him."

"And what's that?"

"He ran away." Louis says in a calm tone.

"Another Fuffy?" Alex says; getting Louis and George's attention.

"Er ..." Louis begins; thinking about how he can say no to his baby boy.

"Yes." George says interrupting him.

"Yes?" Louis asks looking at him.

"Yes, I think that's what I said." George smiles at Alex.

"Okay, then." Louis stands up with Alex's still in his arms. "Let's go to get breakfast before we go to the shelter."

As always Beth serves breakfast; and when they're done George goes to his room to change.

"Are you coming with us to the shelter?" Louis asks to George when he sees him entering Alex's room.

"Yeah, I mean if you don't mind."

"Of course I don't," Louis says smiling at Alex. "Are you ready?"