Chapter 11

"I'm pregnant." Louis says; without thinking it twice. There's a uncomfortable silence between them. Louis smiles at him; but he's smiles disappears when he sees Zayn's face. "Zee?"

"I-I ... Hmm... Er.... I mean, congratulations!" Zayn fakes a smile.

"You don't have to act like you're happy," Louis says in a sad tone. "I know you're not."

"And are you?" Zayn asks; knowing that Louis didn't want to have another kid with George.

"I'm happy." Louis smiles; a few tears gathering in his eyes. "There's a baby growing here." Louis rubs his belly delicately. "He's my own blood, I can't just not be happy about it."

"You know I'm happy for you." Zayn smiles. "It's not the baby's fault that George is the father."

"I know." Louis gives him a half smile. "But I'm excited, you know."

"I know." Zayn says; noticing how Louis' eyes glow. "Congratulations though!"

"Thank you!" Louis smiles. "Now there'll be two little monsters calling you uncle Zazu!"

"Oh gosh!" Zayn laughs. "I can barely deal with him." He says looking at Alex.

"But you'll still love him, wouldn't you?" Louis asks in a serious tone.

"Of course I will." Zayn smiles. "Do you want another boy?" He asks; noticing that Louis always refers to the baby as a him.

"It doesn't really matter," He pauses. "I would like to have a girl but you know what George says about his family genes."

"I want a girl, too." Zayn smiles again. "And it doesn't matter what he says."

Louis smiles at Zayn; knowing that he'll always be there for him and his kids. Sometimes Louis wonders why he didn't fall in love with Zayn; everything would be easier if he was his husband.

"Papa," Alex pulls him out of his train of thoughts. "Play."

"Do you want to play at the house?" Louis asks him; hoping he says yes.

"No, park please." He asks in a polite tone.

"Last time you went bye bye without me, and I was so scared...."

"What sca?" Alex asks; with a confused expression.

"Huh ... You know how you feel when you open your eyes and Daddy or me are not there?" Alex nods; understanding the words open, eyes, Daddy or me are not there. "That's scared."

"Oh, sowwy." He pouts.

"It's okay baby boy." Louis says; caressing his hair. "But if you want we can go to the park."

"I told him," Zayn says out of nowhere. "You just need to do that pout and papa will do anything you want." He teases him.

"Whatever." Louis rolls his eyes. "Come on Alex, we're going to the park alone because like always uncle Zazu won't go with us."

"Hey!" Zayn protests. "Don't try to brain wash him against me!"

" I don't, believe it or not he understands what happens around him." Louis says; remembering when Alex notices the new bruises on his face two months ago.

"Okay little monster, don't go bye bye without Papa!" Zayn gets him out of his high chair. "I love you little monster."

"I love you uncle Zazu." He giggles against Zayn's chest.

"Come on, is getting late!" Louis says; getting Alex from Zayn's arms.

"No is not, you're getting jealous." Zayn teases.