Chapter 37

Harry and Louis come back from Italy two weeks later. Louis wants to be in England for Alex's first day of his third year in Primary school. He's also meeting with some important people in the industry for a job. On the other hand when Harry came from Italy a job was waiting for him. Lets just say his professor put in a good word. Niall and Zayn are thinking about adopting. They've been in a few foster homes the last couple of weeks, visiting the kids, getting to know them.

"So when are we having more members in the Malik/Horan family?" Louis asks, while having dinner at Zayn's and Niall's place.

"We don't know yet, we're ..." Niall looks at Zayn who nods at him immediately. "We want to be foster parents.... or if we can we want to adopt as well."

"Adoption?" Louis raises an eye brow, smiling at them.

"Yeah," Zayn nods. "Or at least make our home a foster home."

When they're cuddling in bed at night Louis and Harry talk about the family they want to have.

"I want to have a lot of kids." Harry says, stroking Louis' chest.

"Me too." Louis smiles. "I had to take care of my sisters all the time, I felt like I was their dad .... and since then I wanted a big family of my own."

"When I grew up it was just me and Gems but I always wanted a big family," Harry smiles. "And I would love to have that big family with you."

"If for a reason we can't .... we can't have biological kids ...."

"We can adopt them like Zayn and Niall." Harry interrupts him.

"Okay," Louis wraps his arms around him.

"I love you." Harry whispers against his chest.

"I love you." Louis whispers back, he wants to say more though. The words are at the tip of his tongue, but he doesn't know how to bring it up.

"Everything okay?" Harry strokes his temple softly. "What's going on in that little head of yours?"

"Nothing," Louis chuckles.

"Really?" Harry raises an eye brow. "You had your thinking face on."

"My thinking face?" Louis wrinkles his nose.

"Yeah," Harry hums. "That face you put when you're thinking hard .. and ... and I don't really know how to describe it but it's your thinking face."

"You're nuts." Louis kisses his forehead.

"So what were you thinking about?"

"You know Noah's ashes are ..." Louis pauses, giving him a half smile.

"I was thinking if you know...If I... I mean we have a beautiful garden ..."

"Louis," Harry interrupts him. "Just say it love."

"It will take just a little space in the garden ... and that way we ... I mean I can .."

"You want to bring her home." Harry says, noticing how Louis' expression change. "We can do that tomorrow if you want."

"Really?" Louis squeals. "I mean ..."