Chapter 73: Purifying Of The Heart

A brightness radiated through the hazy mist as numerous paper butterflies flew towards me from the outside. They entered through the door and kept circling around my head, as well as pulling at my hair and woke me up from my dream of going to the Dragon Palace to eat yummy seafood. When I crawled and stumbled to the side of the bed in confusion, I had accidentally stepped on Wawa who had been drooling and giggling amidst her dreams.

“What are you doing? So early?” The Wawa who had just been woken up stretched, and then muttered unhappily. She noticed that I had been staring at her, and then suddenly flopped up like a fish and said, “School? Is there school today? Wawa woke up late, what to do! What to do!”

She had finally awaken from her daze when I pointed to the dancing purple paper butterflies all around us, “Miao Miao, you agreed to go play with Xiao Zi so I will go help you prepare.”

After I was dressed and tended to by Wawa, I went to tell Bi Qingshen Jun that I was going to go out, but he was unexpectedly even earlier than me. Xiaolin had been kept busy helping him put on his armor and said that under the heavenly decree, he was to be sent down once again to the South to eradicate some evil beings and would not be returning anytime soon.

Bi Qingshen Jun raised his head and saw that I had been standing by the doorway, so he waved his hand for me to come over and then carefully told me, “If you are going out to play, then you must be careful. In these following days, do not carelessly wander into dangerous places, if you come across people, you must greet them, and if you are in a dangerous situation, you must run. Do you understand?”

Although I was sad, I would obediently wait for him to come home.

Bi Qingshen Jun patted my head, and then picked up his precious sword to leave, but then suddenly turned around to ask, “Miao Miao, what kind of mount do you want?”

“Dog.” I replied without a hint of hesitation, and then scratched my head and said with a smile, “In the past, I dreamt of Shifu riding a big dog on a big white cloud with dried fish to look for me.”

“I quite like your style.” Bi Qingshen Jun left with a smile as his black mink trim and cloak was rustled behind with a gentle breeze.

After I had told Xiaolin that I was leaving to go play, I woke Jin Wen up from her sleep to get her to make rice ball before leaving. The both of them had wanted to come along with me, but was immediately rejected. Bi Qingshen Jun himself said that recently, I’ve been much more well-behaved. The Valley of Fragments were within the boundaries of the Heavenly Realm, very peaceful, and even if I were to be in a dangerous situation, he would instantly know, so there was no need for Jin Wen and Wawa to follow me like a body-guard. One last thing Jin Wen reminded me was that after finding Xiao Zi, I must clean my face of the pollen.

The paper butterfly lead the way as if it had life to it. I followed step by step from behind headed South. On the way there, I passed through the golden and glittering eaves, skipped across clear streams, jumped over tall fences, and finally climbed through a window.

Xiao Zi had been waiting by the hillside, and when she saw me, she hurriedly rushed over and said, “Miao Miao, my spiritual strength isn’t very strong, so it can only travel in straight line, you must’ve been mislead by it many times right?”

I shook my head, “Straight line is good.”

Xiao Zi was stunned for a while before saying, “I feel like I shouldn’t continue asking what happened next…..let’s go then.”

So, she brought me along with her towards cavern. There were many strange flowers blooming, bizarre grasses exuding exotic scents, waterfalls splashing down, and many rocks contained with a hint of emerald-green shine. After we arrived at the top of the mountain, Xiao Zi was at a loss at which direction to go, so after a moment of hesitation, she chose to go in the direction of the cliffs.