Chapter 149: The Past and the Present

Yin Zi was very angry, depressed, and indignant. But, he couldn’t take off his disguise as a female. At that time, the decision to cross-dress was made for the sake of convenience. But now, in hindsight, his disguise was a stumbling block.

Why? The answer was simple.

In Mao Mountain and this village, everyone thought that Yin Zi was a woman. And not only that, Yin Zi was so beautiful that everyone paid attention to him.

If he were to suddenly become a man, people would think he was an insane pervert. Not even counting other people, his fellow female disciples from Mao Mountain would come here to kill him in order to protect their own reputation.

Yin Zi was a loyal friend, but now he wanted to retreat back to Luoying Mountain. He wanted to go back to being a tyrannical mountain king and find someone else to replace him in this embarrassing role.

But, he couldn’t. Wawa had recently returned to Xuan Qing Palace. She had obtained her dream position as the person in charge of the maidservants and her relationship with Xiao Tian was very warm. They always went out together to play or go on dates. If he told her to give up her job, it would be okay if it were to help out for a short period. But if it were for a long period, although her mouth would say it wasn’t a big deal, her heart would be unhappy.

Luo Luo was actually very willing, but she was naturally timid and afraid of strangers. Also, her family would have to move here with her, so it would be very inconvenient for her to come here.

The remaining maids already thought that they had been wronged enough in descending to the common world from the immortal world to take care of Hua residence. There was no way they would be willing to move to the countryside. They said it was too filthy.

After trying every possible way, Yin Zi was left feeling helpless.

He couldn’t help sighing, “Miao Miao, is it because I owed you something in a previous life that I need to work extremely hard to repay you in this life?

After I thought about it, I smiled and said, “Maybe, right now, I’m borrowing and accumulating a debt from you.”

“Then, in the next life, you’ll have to repay me with double this debt amount. My interest rate is very high.”

Jokes aside, that girl Xiao Cha was becoming more aggravating. She spent every day circling around Yin Zi. Not only that, her eyes were faulty. As Yin Zi was teaching me how to do housework, he was clearly constantly mocking me for being clumsy. Furthermore, he would stand there clutching his shoulders as he watched me do everything. Yet, Xiao Cha would say that Yin Zi worked too hard. Every day, she would try to send him tasty food. When I asked her to do housework, she wouldn’t go with me no matter how much I scolded.

I kept tolerating and resisting the urge to expel her because other than having bad eyesight, she was docile and well behaved. But, the most important thing was that she was worse than me at housework. She couldn’t chop firewood. It would have been okay if she couldn’t carry a shoulder pole that had two buckets filled with water, but she couldn’t even start a cooking fire. After she killed a fish and saw blood, her screams were more frightening than a person being killed. Every time mother-in-law came to assess my skills, I only needed to bring the dishes cooked by Xiao Cha’s before my own. And then, mother-in-law wouldn’t mention any objections about my cooking.

This was the advantage from having a contrast.

And so, the days were spent like this. In a blink of an eye, spring arrived in March. There was continuous spring rain. Following the rain, there would be a gentle wind. In front of the slightly cold house, the orange trees were sprouting tender green buds that made the place more beautiful and clean.