Chapter 145: Wash Paws, Make Soup

Blue Feather Goddess quickly reached me. She stood in front of me with a fake smile and a feeling that she was going hit someone.

I could only lower my ears dejectedly. In accordance to the old rules, I held out my hand to take a beating.

But Blue Feather Goddess didn’t punish me. She smiled and said, “Miao Miao, what are you doing?”

“You can hit me…” I closed my eyes and resigned myself.

“Why would I hit you?” Blue Feather Goddess took out a fan to fan herself.

This feeling of not knowing what she was going to do felt more terrible.

“I cut the Feng Xiang tree.” (T/N: Feng Xiang means Fragrant Phoenix)

“Yes, and you were going to use it to light a fire for cooking.”

“Miao Miao was wrong…” I bent down my head to admit my guilt. I withdrew the previously held out hand. I told them the entire story and asked for leniency. Please don’t put me into confinement.

I didn’t expect that Blue Feather Goddess would start smiling after listening. She covered her mouth to hide her smile.

Next to her, Huang Teacher continued shaking his head and sighing. He said, “A foolish cat cannot be taught.”

Xiao Tian enviously said, “Bi Qing-shenjun is so fortunate. I also want to eat Miao Miao’s cooking.”

I wouldn’t feed my food to a dog. I didn’t pay any attention to that stupid guy.

I pulled on Blue Feather Goddess’s hand to ask for mercy. And, I also asked her to give me a little bit of Feng Xiang wood.

She smiled at me and said, “Do you think that using the best materials will guarantee that your dish will be good?”

“Of course!” I decisively answered, “If the materials are good, then the dishes made from those ingredients will definitely be delicious.”

As a result, Blue Feather Goddess forced me to vow to the heavens that I will never steal another Feng Xiang branch or my tail will be cut off. Then, she said that since this is the first time I’m doing housework, she’d let me off this one time. She also said that I should continue doing my best to experience mortal life.

Lastly, she mysteriously explained, “In the Mortal Realm, there is cold and warmth. The human world is fickle with many different kinds of emotions and hypocrisy. There is birth, aging, illness, and death. This is the path you decided.”

I didn’t understand these messy words. I felt muddle-headed after listening. I ran off after thanking Blue Feather Goddess. From behind, I heard layer upon layer of sighs.

—–

Shao Zhong heard that I was gathering ingredients to cook for Xiang Qing. Without asking any questions, he borrowed an alchemy fire for me. (T/N: This fire is normally used to concoct immortality pills.)

Xiao Zi found the best tealeaves and tea petals for me.

Man Tou brought me rice and flour that had been grown in Heaven Realm.

Han Jin lent me a stove used to concoct immortality pills.

Xiao Lin gave me several sturdy pots and pans.

—–

In the afternoon, a crowd of people in Heaven Realm had sent me off after saying their good-byes. I left with a bundle of packages that was as high as a person. I staggered home due to the various items.

By this time, Yin Zi had fully wakened. He was pacing at the entryway. When he saw that I had returned, he pelted me down with a rain of scolds.

Then he asked, “Why did you go to Heaven Realm?”